8: [sugahina (NOT A SHIP)] overworking

sick: hinata - caretaker: sugawara

3rd POV:

another training camp was finally coming up, but, the team had to pass all their exams to go. it wasn't a problem for the third years, nor was it an issue for ennoshita, tsukishima, or yamaguchi. they were all set to pass their exams with no problems. nishinoya and tanaka were also set to pass..barely. they passed last time, so the team figured that they could pass again. the issue lied with hinata and kageyama. the pair had somehow convinced yachi to tutor them again. but, on one of their studying sessions on sunday, kageyama had to go home early since his mother had called him to come home. hinata and yachi decided to stay and continue studying. they accidentally lost track of time and ended up staying awake well into the morning. hinata still had to bike home, so he didn't get back until around four in the morning. that wasn't enough time to get any sleep. he just showered and got ready for practice. after all, how hard could pulling an all-nighter be.

when he got to practice, he was tired of course, but he tried not to show it. he didn't want kagegama to know he was feeling sluggish. when he got in, he was already greeted by kageyama in the gym warming up. damn, he lost. he was too tired to argue though, so he just joined the practice. his jumps were definitely not as high as before and kageyama took notice of it. he started to berate the smaller male about how he was missing all the spikes. they weren't doing the quick attack where hinata kept his eyes closed, they were still practicing the one where he got to keep his eyes open.

"what are you doing? you can't hit the damn ball? it's in the same place it always is!" kageyama taunted as he held the volleyball in his hands. "you won't be able to play if you can't even hit the damn thing!" he added after a second. "hey- it could just be an off morning. shake it off." daichi called out to both of them while placing his hands on his hips. "yeah, kageyama! it's an off morning! you owe me a big apology for being such a jerk!" he taunted the setter back, getting his energy back momentarily.

after daichi told them off, practice tended to go back to normal. but, hinata was slowly getting more and more tired. he jumped up for one even though he was feeling extremely out of it. it backfired horribly and he missed the ball, again. he heard the ball hit the floor before he also hit the floor, blacking out for a minute out of pure exhaustion. the team paused and the silence was deafening. "hinata!" daichi called out, jogging over. takeda and ukai also ran over, kneeling next to him. suga ran over with the middle blockers water, kneeling beside him and gently picking the males head up to check for any blood or bumps. "hinata," suga said, gently patting the smaller males face to try to wake him up. it was no luck though. at least for a couple minutes.

when hinata finally came back to consciousness, he was scared for a moment. the fear was clear on his face as he stared up at the team huddled around him. "you okay, kid?" ukai asked, looking down at the confused ginger. "yeah?" he mumbled, his normal enthusiastic self seemingly gone. "i'll take him to the club room and let him rest." suga mentioned, glancing back at takeda whom was already on the phone with hinatas mom. the call ended and the teacher looked over to the team. "she will try to get here soon. suga, take him to the club room and make sure he is comfortable, and he is hydrated." takeda instructed, taking charge and staring at the young middle blocker. "guys, i'm really okay. i can keep playing! i have to practice so i can beat bokuto!" hinata argued, sitting up more. "you can't go if you are injured. take it easy." daichi said firmly.

suga gently grabbed the gingers arm and helped him up off the ground. he wrapped his arm around the smallers waist and started to lead him out of the gym. "it's okay, hinata. it's just one practice. you'll be back to good soon." suga comforted as they walked to the club room. when they got there, suga had hinata lay on the ground, leaning against his bag as he sat with him, periodically making him drink water. "want to tell me what that was about?" suga asked, gently touching the middle blockers hair as a way to comfort him. "i was studying last night. i just didn't sleep much." hinata said sheepishly. "sleep now. you look exhausted." suga whispered to him, letting the smaller boy curl into his body, soon drifting off to sleep. the first year only awoke when he was in his moms car. "what happened?" he asked groggily while looking over to his mom. "that nice boy carried you to my car. he really is a good captain." she said, smiling softly at her son. "he's not the captain. but he is like one." he said quietly, staring out the window before dozing off again.

((word count: 894 words. not as many words as usual but i'm getting back into the feel of writing! :))))