18: [matsuhana] hangover

sick: matsukawa - caretaker: hanamaki

(!mild timeskip spoiler!)

3rd pov:

issei matsukawa had gone out with a few of his coworkers to celebrate the upcoming weekend. plus, one of his older coworkers, practically his mentor and who got him into the field, was retiring. obviously, he was going to go pretty hard on the drinking. there were free drinks and he would be an absolute fool to pass them up.

as the night came to a close, he sent a drunken text to his fiancé. 'm readt ro hobe (i'm ready to go home.)' takahiro, who had stayed up and was waiting for mattsun to finish, only smirked at the text on his phone. mattsun was always so fun to be around when he was drunk. honestly, this night was more of a treat for maki if anything. so, he grabbed his keys and headed to the bar that matsukawa was at. he pulled up and saw his drunken fiancé leaning against the building. "hey, sexy!" maki called out, changing his voice just slightly to throw matsukawa off. the drunk males eyes fought to stay open as he held a swaying and shaky hand up. "i'm engaged!" he said defensively, stumbling forward a few steps, only to be caught by his lover. "i know. that's why i can call you sexy, issei. you've had too much to drink. let's get you home before you puke." maki smirked, helping mattsun find his balance again. "hm? hm..i- i wasn't gonna throw up until you said something-" mattsun whined almost pathetically as maki got him into the car. "i know, you big baby. so sensitive." hanamaki teased as he walked around the car and got into the drivers seat.

"hiro..." matsukawa whined again from the back, leaning his head back dramatically. "you are ignoring me!" he sighed heavily to get his fiancés attention. "i'm driving the car. if you don't want to end up in the morgue with your coworkers dissecting you, i suggest you shut it and let me focus." maki stated as he drove them home. "but- but i work in the funeral home. much, much different." matsukawa argued through slurred speech. "but you have  coworkers that are morgue workers, correct? therefore, i am right. no shush, i'm driving." hanamaki said as he drove.

when they got there, he got matsukawa out of the car and got him inside somehow.  he walked him to the bathroom and got the male into the shower. "ever think about how- how we are gay? like- whats so appealing about the male body?" matsukawa asked through a yawn. "well i like your muscles. but i like masculine energy in general." hanamaki hummed. "if i snapped my hard dick, would it glow like a glow stick?" mattsun asked randomly as his fiancé cleaned him off. "clearly i'm not engaged to you for your brains." his fiancé muttered under his breath. "but no. it would just hurt and bleed, i wouldn't go near it. i wouldn't touch your dick for months." he added after a second. "mean." mattsun groaned, getting out of the shower with hanamaki. "i would touch your dick if you did it. cause i love you. i love every little bit of you. even when you are a grumpy guss!" mattsun defended himself. 

hanamaki somehow managed to corral  his fiancé into bed after getting them both dressed. he got matsukawa comfortable before they both dozed off in each others arms. although the peace only lasted a few hours, mattsun started to wake up in the early morning. he felt as if he had been hit with a truck, his whole body hurt. what had he done to be this sore? what had happened? he rolled over and was faced with a still sleeping hanamaki. he glanced at his still sleeping lover. he didn't want to wake him but he was miserable and wanted hanamaki. he stayed quiet as he debated internally before finally coming to the conclusion of waking hanamaki up. he reached over and gently shook his fiancés shoulder, looking down at him. "hm?" takahiro hummed as he kept his eyes closed. "i'm dying." mattsun responded before flopping back onto the bed dramatically. hanamaki loved his fiancé but he could definitely have a flare for the dramatics so he had to take everything with a grain of salt.

"oh? damn. someone is hung over." hanamaki teased, rubbing his own face to wake up. "do you want some pain meds, babe?" he asked, sitting up and letting out a slow and shallow sigh. mattsun nodded and covered his head with the pillow. "somebody ought to give you a grammy with this show you are putting on.." hanamaki teased mattsun, only getting a dramatic and pained groan in response.

hanamaki headed into their small kitchen and looked around, putting a piece of bread in the toaster. he let it toast while he grabbed matsukawa some pain meds and water. he made lemon water before he grabbed the toast and jelly, he truly deserved a michelin star for his amazing cooking. he came back to the room, seeing mattsun still with his head covered with his pillow. "one slightly toasted piece of toast with strawberry jam. one glass of lemon water for that headache. and one magic pill." maki spoke up, putting the plate and glass on the night stand. "thank you.."matsukawa responded, slowly moving the pillow away. he sat up, swinging his legs off the side of the bed. he pulled hanamaki closer by the waist, pressing a soft kiss to his chest before resting his forehead against his chest. "i love you, baby." he spoke quietly, not being as dramatic anymore and just being gentle with his fiancé.

hanamaki smirked and ran his fingers through his hair softly. "you must be feeling very sick. eat your breakfast. i have errands to run but when i get back we can cuddle all evening. we can even order pizza tonight." he hummed, cupping mattsuns cheeks and leaning down to press a soft kiss to his forehead.

((word count: 1014))