The Red-Rose Tyrant 25-26

Comenzar desde el principio

Everything started twisting and changing settings, suddenly we were outside. 

“Whaaat? You’ve never even tried a strawberry tart? They’re out of this world.” little Chenya looked at Riddle with shock and dramatically threw his hands in the air as he spoke “yeah. My mom says sugar is basically poison.” little Riddle shook his head.

“I mean, you probably shouldn’t eat too much of it, but calling it “posion” is kinda…yikes. You know, my family runs a cake shop. Let’s go get a tart right now!” little Trey grabbed onto Chenya and Riddle’s hands. 

“Really? But…I shouldn’t.” little Riddle shied away. “Just one slice. It’ll be fine.” little Trey grabbed Riddle’s hand again and smiled. “One slice for YOU, maybe. I want a whole one!” Chenya laughed. 

“A bright-red strawberry tart on a white plate. To me, it shined more brightly than any gem could. That first bite was so sweet. It tasted like nothing I’d ever eaten before. With each bite, I became more entranced…and completely lost track of time.” Riddle spoke, at first he sounded happy but the last words he spoke, he sounded as if he was about to cry. 

We were back inside “I cannot believe this! Not only are you cutting independent study time, but I find uou eating a mountain of sugar?! Those two hoodlums must have incited this behavior. You must never play with them again!” Riddle’s mother yelled at him. 

Little Riddle sat crying “I’m sorry, Mother! I promise, it will never happen again.” he choked out with sobs. 

“Be quiet! You’ve broken the rules, and I’ll not hear another word from you. Clearly, you’re not able to handle the freedom of independent study. I need to keep a closer eye on you.” his mother shouted at him. 

“Because I broke the rules, my favorite part of my day was taken away from me. I vowed to never break my mother’s rules again. After all, she was the most accomplished mother in the city, and therefore, the most correct.” Riddle paused. 

“But mom… why? Why does my heart hurt so much? I want to eat a tart! It’s my birthday, so can’t I have some just this once? I want to play outside all day long! I want to make lots and lots of friends! Tell me, mom, please… what rules do I need to follow to make this pain go away?” Riddle was crying like a small child, a child who just wanted to be loved, a child who just wanted a normal childhood, to play, to eat as much sugar as he wanted, to not have to worry about school, but his mother just couldn’t have a happy child could she? 

All of the sudden I was falling, I dropped into black inky slimeish water, I faught to get to the surface but I couldn’t reach it, suddenly I heard a crying sound, I began looking around, and there he was.

I could finally see Riddle, he fell deep into inky black thick water, the water almost had a consistency of slime, I could see tears floating away from his face, he was still in his overblot form, He had chains wrapped around his arms and legs, I reached out to him, every time I almost reached him he seemed to get dragged away.

“RIDDLE!” I somehow managed to yell out to him, his eyes slightly opened, he looked afraid.

“Riddle, come here! Please!” he closed his eyes again “I’m wrong, I’ve done nothing but hurt those around me.” more tears exited Riddle’s eyes. 

“Riddle, they will forgive you, you know you're wrong, that’s all it takes, come to me Riddle!” he moved further. 

“Riddle, even if no one forgives you, I will, I’ll be by your side when we awake, just come to me!” for a moment he looked forward, the chains seemed to be letting go “Trey has already forgiven you, Riddle! Cater’s not angry! Maybe Ace and Deuce will be alittle angry but it’ll eventually go! All you have to say is “I’m sorry” it’s that simple, Riddle!”