Hermione Hosts Her Famous Poker Night

Harry blinked as Mrs. Weasley's voice rang out, her tone full of anger.
"I am absolutely disgusted by your behavior! Your father came home last night and told me you were bullying another student! Not just any student, nooo, it's Harry's little boyfriend! We didn't raise you to have such a closed mind about such things. Harry is allowed to date whoever he wants. If you step one more toe out of line, we will bring you straight home!" Ginny was scowling at the envelope, looking like she was going to stab it with her spoon.
"Oh and Draco, welcome to the family, dear." It burst into flames and the second envelope shook itself before clearing its throat.
"Ginny, mum floo'd us last night and said you were bullying poor Harrikins! If you don't knock it off, we'll have to come prank you!" George said sternly and Fred shouted his agreement before Percy coughed, cutting them off.
"I understand how upset you might be, Gin. I mean I wouldn't date a Malfoy if my life depended on it but Harry's family so we'll make an exception."
"Nice job, Percy! Ignore him, Harry! I think you and Malfoy will look cute together! Not cuter than the latest clutch that hatched but still cute. Ginny, there's plenty of other fish in the sea! Keep your head up. Oh, did I tell you about Norbert spraining her wing? The poor girl." Charlie's voice faded away and Bill snorted, the sound odd coming from the floating envelope.
"Be good, Gin. I know you're having a tough time. If you need anything, just send me an owl. Congratulations, Harry! Fleur is demanding we meet up sometime so let us know when you're free. Ronnie, don't let those two bully you." All of the Weasley boys yelled different variations of "love you" before the second envelope burst into flames.
"Just what was he trying to say? Ron, do you think we bully you?" Hermione said, her voice echoing as everyone tried not to look at Ginny. He saw her scoff before she stormed out of the Great Hall, the back of her neck red from embarrassment.
"Of course not, babe! I would never cry to my brothers about you guys." Harry snickered at Ron's expression as he tried to explain himself to Mione.
"That was wonderful! What a nice way to start our morning." Draco looked chipper as he cut up his runny egg. It didn't last for long as Ron zeroed in on him, his smile sly.
"Oi, Malfoy! You owe me ten galleons! I told you there would be two howlers." Harry smiled as Draco handed over the gold coins to his friend.
"Oh Merlin! I totally forgot about detention." Harry smacked his head against the table, his insides twisting in anxiety as he stared at his treasure. How would he survive without him? He narrowed his eyes as he plotted. Filch was just as nasty as he had been when Harry was a First Year. He had hoped the old man would have croaked by now but maybe they could help him along?
"Harry, stop plotting Filch's murder. You're going to get us expelled." Mione chided him before she set her book down, the three Slytherin's giving him a surprised look.
"But Hermione! You know we could make it look like an accident." She clicked her tongue before shaking her head.
"Of course we could but we would still be the first suspects!"
"Cheer up, mate! At least it's only today." Ron just patted his back before going back to his breakfast.
"That reminds me! Parkinson, you're still on for poker night?" Harry shared a look with Ron before clutching Draco's arm.
"Sure, Granger! We'll be there after we serve detention too." Harry knew he should have warned the innocent Slytherin's about how terrifying Hermione was when she played poker but then he thought better of it.
Maybe he could convince Draco they should play strip poker!

~~~~~~

Draco knew Harry was up to something as he stared at him, absentmindedly eating his fish. He swore he could see hints of his scales peeking out as his half lidded eyes watched his every move.
"Er, Harry? Are you alright?" He flashed him a smile before standing up.
"Of course, treasure. Please make sure to call for me if you need me. Or if you miss me. Or if you want me." He purred the last part before kissing his cheek and waiting for the two other Gryffindor's to follow him.
"Later, Malfoy! Make sure to bring your money." Granger rubbed her hands together in glee before Weasley picked them both up, like he was carrying luggage.
"Bye guys! Good luck in detention." Draco muttered something back, his mind still foggy as he stared into space. Harry was going to kill him. He kept doing things like that, knowing how it affected him.
"You alright, Malfoy?" Longbottom looked worried as he watched him from across the table.
"Ah, yes. Thank you for asking." He brushed invisible lint off of his pants as he tried to gain his composure.
"Zabini, I heard you ran into McGonagall's second in command. I'm glad you're okay." Blaise blinked before he coughed.
"It was awful but I managed to make it through. I think I'm going to need help getting over such a horrid experience. Are you free next weekend? You could be my shoulder to cry on." Draco stopped his mouth from falling open as he looked at Pansy. Was Blaise Zabini hitting on Longbottom?
"Well, I'm actually pulling weeds in the third greenhouse but you can help if you want to!" Longbottom said cheerfully and Draco gripped Pansy's hand underneath the table as Blaise agreed. Blaise Zabini had never pulled a weed in his life! Did he lose his common sense when he got mauled by the cats?
"We should get to detention." Draco waved goodbye to the Gryffindor table, his eyes focused on his friend's back.
"Blaise darling, is there something you want to tell us?" He shuffled his feet before stuffing his hands in his pocket.
"I think Longbottom is cute, in a strong farmer way." He started laughing loudly, clutching onto Pansy as she joined him. Blaise really was going crazy! Draco pictured him on a farm and had to take a few staggering breaths before he passed out from laughing so hard.
"Merlin, Draco! If you get hurt, Potter's going to blame me so knock it off. Did you see how he was dismembering his morning fish? Filch better watch out." He gave them a pleased look, rather touched that Harry would try and murder someone just because he would miss him.
"If you start dating Longbottom, that means Pansy will be lonely. I guess we'll have to help her find someone." She gave them both a dirty look before flipping them off.
"As if. I'm more than capable of finding a partner, I just don't want one. Single life forever, baby!" She was still striking a ridiculous pose as Severus stalked up to them, his eyes dark in irritation.
"If you're done goofing off, perhaps we can start?" Pansy gave a slight scream before scuttling behind him.
"Merlin, Professor! I almost had a heart attack." Severus ignored her as they shuffled into the Potions classroom. Draco saw something on his desk and couldn't help his curiosity.
"Severus, what is this?" It was a cloth doll with red string sewn onto its head.
"Potter was stabbing it in the corridor this morning. Apparently Black actually did follow through and sent him a voodoo doll of Weasley." Draco blinked in shock before snorting loudly, his grin stretching across his face.
"That means Lord Black likes me more than Harry's ex." He high-fived Blaise before carelessly tossing the doll back onto Severus's desk.
"Barely. I think the idiot is worried Potter will elope with you if he doesn't play nice." His Uncle's words caused him to pause as he stared at the foul looking cauldron. He hadn't thought of eloping. They were both adults, what was stopping them from doing so?
"Draco, if you elope, I will personally give Potter your diaries from eleven to fourteen. I think that was when you were the most obsessed with him? I believe the one from when you were twelve only had "Potter is an idiot" written in it?" Draco gawped at Severus before planting his hands on the desk.
"You read my diary?"