Granger & Potter VS Scarface

Zabini ran right towards them, his hands flailing as he tried to use Hermione as a shield. The cats were forming a mob in front of them, their hisses filling the air.
"I found the fighting ring but gave myself away." Zabini gasped out, his hands braced on his knees.
"They're cats, of course they have superior hearing." Ron snorted as Harry stood protectively in front of Draco, his eyes never leaving the felines.
"I sneezed actually." Draco snickered as he pressed himself against Harry's back, his hands coming up to rub the tension from his shoulders.
"Blaise is allergic to cats." Pansy whispered as she snuck over from the other end of the room.
The cats crept closer, as if they understood him and Zabini started sneezing loudly.
"I've been looking for you everywhere!" She hissed at him.
"Merlin, Zabini! No wonder you've upset them. Your sneezes could wake the dead." Mione rolled her eyes before taking her wand out.
"We can do this the hard way or the easy way." An old tomcat came forward, with half an ear missing and a nasty looking scar over one eye.
"Meow!" He hissed before darting forward as Hermione's wand sliced through the air.
"Leave my pod alone!" Harry screeched, his hands curled into claws.
"I'm assuming you all know why you're here?" McGonagall rubbed her eye before putting her glasses back on. She was wearing her nightgown and Harry shared a look with his friends. This wasn't going to end well for them.
"It wasn't our fault, ma'am! The cats were viciously attacking Zabini and we were just trying to help him!" Harry quickly said, hoping to gain some sympathy from their Head.
"Yeah! We couldn't let our fellow year mate get mauled by ol Scarface!" Ron looked sincere while the Slytherins nodded beside them.
"I was afraid for my life." Zabini looked like he wanted to cry, his face still scratched up from his fight.
"And why were you bothering the Hogwarts Cats?" McGonagall's eyes were narrowed on him.
"Ma'am! Zabini is delirious with pain, how can he be expected to answer such a loaded question?" Harry clutched his chest, motioning with his hand for Hermione to help him. Maybe if they distracted her, they would get out of this without getting detention.
"Poor Zabini! He got lost and ended up running into the cats. They practically killed him." Ron kicked Zabini's shin and the other boy hunched over, his face twisted up in pain.
"See!" The other two Slytherins looked surprised as they tried to talk their way out of trouble, something they had been doing since First year. Harry was sure they would be in the clear, when McGonagall's door opened up and two men came through.
"I heard we had a little incident?" Albus Dumbledore asked, his eyes twinkling behind his glasses. Snape scowled at his side before swooping to the closest corner. Harry sighed and knew his two friends were thinking the same thing. Fuck.
"Oh hello, Sirs! We were just leaving." Harry grabbed Draco's hand and didn't even make it to the door before Snape snapped.
"Sit down, Potter!" Draco perched on his seat before pulling him into his lap and Harry hummed happily. He probably shouldn't have tried to punch the cats but he was doing it to protect his treasure! At least he wasn't like Hermione! She was turning them into mice.
"The students have caused a ruckus and managed to destroy the front lawn as well as the entrance hall." McGonagall hissed, her bun starting to come undone.
"It was a misunderstanding, sir." Harry could feel Draco's chest rumble as he talked and had to fight the urge to press closer.
"We were just doing what we thought was light, I mean, right." Parkinson smiled innocently, her hands clasped in her lap.
"I'm sure you were, my girl! Minerva, we can always fix the entrance hall and Hagrid would be happy to replant the lawn. How about we let this go this one time?" Dumbledore asked as he snuck a cookie out of McGonagall's dish. Snape looked like he wanted to argue but didn't want his House to lose any points. Harry was about to try and make another break for it when a meow sounded outside the door. He pinched his nose when Scarface came strutting into the room, his back arched when he saw them. He hopped onto the desk and started meowing loudly, his tail swishing back and forth.
"I see." He found himself pinned under McGonagall's gaze as she asked "Potter, did you call Patches a mangy, flea infested groundhog before trying to bite off his other ear?" Harry quickly scrambled to his feet.
"I would never say such a thing, Professor! I have too much respect for animals to even think about doing something so despicable." He had his hand pressed to his heart.
"Uh huh. Granger, were you transfiguring the other Cats into mice and yelling "I'm going to feed you to my cat and he won't care that he's eating his own kind!", while cackling like a madwoman?" Mione's jaw was hanging open before she shook her head rapidly.
"What a horrid thing to say, Professor McGonagall! I can't believe Scarf-Patches would make up something so terrible!" Dumbledore looked like he was holding back laughter as McGonagall took a deep breath.
"You both realize Cats can't lie, right? They don't have the capability to do so." Harry looked at Mione before Ron fell out of his chair, his face pale.
"Oh no, Ron! I think he fainted." Ron was good at pretending to faint so it was always their last resort.
"Get up, Weasley. I can see that you're fine." Snape looked annoyed at their dramatics and Harry hissed at him. They were so close to weaseling their way out of this!
"They really were helping, ma'am. Blaise was being chased when he ran into us. We were just trying to help." Harry couldn't help smiling at Draco. His treasure was so precious.
"I understand that, Malfoy but they caused property damage and spelled over ten Cats! Detention for you three tomorrow, with Filch." Harry groaned along with Ron and Hermione. Flinch was the worst.
"I should have detention too, Professor. It was my fault to begin with." Zabini stood up abruptly.
"Oh you will, Zabini. You three will be with me tomorrow." Snape said as he crossed his arms.
Of course he would be separated from Draco, his chest aching at the thought.