40. vigilante act

Five chapter update! Chapter 40, 41, 42, 43, 44.

Guys this is a 10,500 word chapter. So settle in because a lot goes down 🫣...

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it! I really do appreciate your guys' patience with me on these updates. Feel free to leave a vote and/or a comment for my hard work :)

***

MARLEY'S first conscious breath was a deep, long sigh. She didn't get very far, but she spread her limbs as much as she could, curling her toes and flexing her fingers. The warmth of the sun brushed her cheeks as the light from the floor to ceiling windows crept between the gaps in the blinds, and she blinked slowly to adjust to it. A soft groan escaped her, and a flush creeped along her neck when a large hand slid under her t-shirt and palmed her belly, which isn't exactly her favourite feature about herself. But she didn't have the will to push it away when it felt so nice. She sank back into his memory foam mattress. It felt like she was made to fit there, in his bed, against his strong body.

Marley yawned, "I fell asleep in the movie theatre next to your brother," she remembered after a few minutes.

"And you looked like you'd be much more comfortable in my bed," he retorted sleepily, his deep morning husk causing her to shiver.

"Bryan disagrees," she mumbled. "In fact, he disagrees so much that I'm not allowed to sleep anywhere near this bed."

He exhaled against the sensitive little spot where her neck and shoulder meet, rubbing her belly. She melted into the contact, the smooth but firm circles of his palm on her skin. He kissed underneath her ear. "If he ever finds out, you have a perfect alibi. You were unconscious during the transition between the movie theatre and my bedroom. You had no idea what was going on." He nibbled on her earlobe. "You awoke with a start, and immediately were horrified and felt nothing but revulsion for where you ended up."

Marley blushed, holding her breath when he curled his legs around both of hers, fully locking her against him. "Now you're really trapped," he breathed, kissing her head. "And I think I'll keep you for a while."

Marley let herself relax into him, but he didn't relinquish his grip on her, the grip that was demanding control of every inch of her body. "Caveman."

"You love me," he said happily, his voice dipping into a low mumble.

"More than anything," she sighed.

"Not more than I love you."

"Debatable."

A gasp left her when she was suddenly rolled onto her back. He pinned her wrists into the pillows above her head. His eyes appeared next, and Marley lost herself in swoon-land at seeing his sleepy morning face — all chiselled lines and sharp, masculine features — up close. Up close and determined.

"I would kill for you. I would die for you. I would do unspeakable fucking things to keep you safe." He spoke reverently, feverishly, like she was his religion. "No one loves anyone — including you — the way that I love you. You can't understand." He nuzzled his nose against hers, nipping playfully at her jaw like he didn't just make a heart-burning declaration.

Her eyes welled up with tears. Her chest ached, and she couldn't possibly contain all of the emotions running through her right now. Primarily the love. She loves Aiden Matthews more than she can physically handle. It hurts in every beautiful way.

He kissed the tear that slipped down her cheek. He still held her wrists, but she could manage to grip his finger in her right hand. "Stay," she pleaded. "Stay, always."