VII

Choi Han and the Molrans got into a brawl. Cale tried to stop them, but none of them listened to him. He was well aware that his words were meaningless. He had little if any, influence over them.

The reason he left was because he didn't want this.

Did I make the wrong decision again?

He asked himself.

His head was already ringing loudly. With a loud cough, his world began to spin erratically. He looked down at his hands. His own blood was dripping from his palms, decorating them. He became aware of the strange silence and looked up to see three wide eyes staring at him.

He collapsed to the ground before he could say anything, having lost consciousness.

Damn this feeble body!

[*****]

Ron focused his attention on the young boy in front of him. When Cale unceremoniously fell to the ground, they and Choi Han ceased fighting. The puppy young master he used to serve is reduced like this.

He can't help but feel enraged. Not to him, but to himself.

When Ron attempted to approach the young lord, the black-haired man thrust his sword at them.

"Do you want him to suffer?"

The man remained silent. He simply took a step back and took Cale in his arms before fleeing the Molrans. Both father and son wore solemn expressions. They shouldn't care about that boy, but something in their chest, like a thug, keeps pushing them to follow him.

The young master who was overcome with grief.

The boy who accepted full responsibility.

Ron should not be emotionally attached to that boy. He shouldn't be concerned about what happened to him. He knows he shouldn't, but something powerful compels him to accompany him.

"We'll follow!"

Vicross was befuddled. His father is not someone who will go after someone they decide to use. Serving that foolish and naive young master was just a ruse. He was the ideal bulwark against the enemy.

Nonetheless, he is angry at himself for thinking that way.

He used to believe that people who can't throw away something important can't hope to change anything. They've already suppressed all of their emotions, but this situation forces those humane, foolish emotions to surface.

It's as if they knew they'd be sorry if they let that boy go without knowing why.

"We're not going to attack! We're on our own!" Vicross exclaims, but the man does not stop. He kept running, and they soon arrived at the village next to the county. The man was unconcerned. He just ran as fast as he could to one of the nearby clinics.

Both Ron and Vicross remained silent. The man stormed in and even threatened the healer.

They both just stood on the sidelines and paid whatever fees were due.

"He needs rest; as a low-rank healer, I can't tell exactly what's wrong, but I can tell his body is weak."

The man bowed his head and took a seat next to Cale. His face was pale, and his fingers were getting cold.

"You're useless!" Ron sneers, shoving him to the side. He started caring for Cale and even changed his clothes.

"Are you sure you're not going to take him back?"

"Why would we? We've already decided to leave," Vicross said as he set the bowl of porridge he had prepared on the table. Choi Han simply nodded and relaxed his guard. They smell dangerous, but they won't harm Cale.