7

RYUJIN POV (basically a chapter 6.5)

"I've been seeing someone else." Yeji says.

"Oh, I see." I said. Not gonna lie, I was very upset. I told Chaeryeong that I wouldn't cry over a girl. I haven't known this girl in a while and she's doing a lot to me.

It was pretty hard not to cry.

"You're not sad?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I'm pretty damn sad, Yeji.

"I am but I just can't force love onto you." I explained, trying not to burst into tears. God, why was this break up doing so much to me?

What did I do wrong for her to find someone else? I thought that I've been a good girlfriend. My heart's racing, pounding like never before.

"What?" She asked.

I need to think from her perspective, maybe she fell out of love? There's no way she was a heartbreaker like those rumors said about her.

"I understand, people fall out of love." I said.

"I've been seeing them since we started dating." She said. How could I have not known from the beginning? I feel like my efforts and time were wasted.

So I guess I'll never find love then.

"Well, I'll go then." I said, my voice showing a hint of sadness.

I left the table.

"I fucking told you! I knew it." Chaeryeong said. I went to her dorm room, looking for comfort. My dumbass self is getting lectured. This is the first time I've cried in front of someone who wasn't family.

"I know, I should have listened to you." I said, small tears falling out. I said this to get her to stop lecturing me.

"And you say that you won't cry because of a girl?" She scoffed.

"I don't know what she's doing to me, I didn't think that I'd be so broken." I said trying to make an excuse and sobbing my eyes out. Was this because I've been through so much break ups and it's all being let out? Or was Yeji just a big impact on my life?

"You know what, there's still plenty of other people in the world." Chaeryeong gave up on lecturing and sat besides me on the couch. Rubbing my arm. Theres the comfort I was looking for.

"But I only date girls, it's hard to find a girl who'd like me back." I said. I donkt think I'll ever find love again.

"Ryujin, Yeji never liked you." My heart feels ripped.

"When we hung out, it felt like she did.." I say, thinking of the memories I had with her.

"The world doesn't revolve around Yeji. You'll find someone quicker than you'd think." Chaeryeong tells me.

"I don't know how to face her tomorrow, I have class with her." I said, wiping my tears.

"Act like she's just a classmate. Don't let her get to you." She advised.

"You make that sound easy." I say.

"It is easy, if she never cared then you shouldn't." Chaeryeong made a point. I need to be stronger.

"You're right." I sniffed. Removing the tears from my eyes.

"How about I help you make her jealous. Make her miss out on what she lost." She says. I nodded.

"Had she ever felt jealous with all her other victims?" I asked.

"No but I've heard your relationship with her has been the longest by far." She said.

"Let's try that then." I agreed. I stayed in her dorm for the night, since Yeji's my dorm mate and I wasn't ready to see her at the moment.

Surprisingly, I didn't sound heartbroken throughout the class. I was able to talk to Yeji like she was nothing more than a classmate. Though, it was pretty hard to keep my stance.

When class ended, I latched onto Chaeryeong's arms and walked away. I knew Yeji was watching me, I didn't turn around because it'd look totally obvious that I was trying to make her jealous.

Sometimes I'd sneak glances at her when I'm happily laughing with Chaeryeong. Seeing her look upset, it looks like this plan is working.

It's been a couple months since I've been waiting for her to come talk to me. I want her to confront me, I was even willing to give her a second chance. This is not like me, this is some middle school relationship type shit.

"Hey," Chaeryeong said, snapping me out of my own world. Usually, I'd be doing that to her. But I think she caught me zoning out on Yeji.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Are you still thinking about Yeji? It's been 2 months already." Chaeryeong groaned.

If my best friend was heartbroken by someone and still doesn't get over their ex lover, I'd be just as mad too. This is some kind of hypocritical behavior.

"Yeah," I said, I didn't even bother lying.

"Ryujin, she's a literal walking red flag. She's a cheater!" She yelled. Not the lecture again..

"I think she only tried breaking up with me to make me cry. I don't see her 'someone else' anywhere." I said. I've never seen her hang out with anyone, not even outside of school.

"They're probably outside of this school." Chaeryeong said. I don't say anything, it'd sound like I'm a stalker.

"If she ever has the courage to come have a talk with me, I'll accept it." I said. I'm head over heels for this girl. I just know that she wants to talk to me again.

"Ryujin, please. You've been through enough." Chaeryeong facepalmed.

"Yeji's everything I want. I really like her." I said. She rolled her eyes at the words that came out of my mouth.

"You need to stop this, this is getting ridiculous."

"It's not an obsession. I really think she's the one." I tried reasoning.

"The one who broke your heart, yeah." She said. I rolled her eyes at her joke.

"Chaeryeong, shut up. Oh, wait. Is she coming over?" I say, seeing Yeji walking towards the table me and Chaeryeong were sitting at.

"Ryujin, can I talk to you?" Chaeryeong death stared at me, I know her eyes were telling me to reject Yeji's offer, "Alone."

a/n: double chapter since i feel bad for not uploading in a while.