6

YEJI'S POV

I can't. I won't.

I'm not going to fall in love with this girl. I have to end things with her before I get my heart broken first.

These past few months have been the best time of my life because of Ryujin, she made me feel the happiest. I'd never thought I'd fall for anyone after the breakups in high school. It felt like I didn't even learn my lesson.

This was going to end, whether I liked it or not. Relationships will end after all, there's never a happy ending. Maybe it does last for a long time but if one of us passes away, I'd be unhappy until the day I die. This is how strong love is.

I can't and I won't be hypnotized by it.

I texted Ryujin to meet me at the cafe. She agreed to meet me there and now I'm at a table waiting for her arrival.

"Hi baby," Ryujin happily says before taking a seat in front of me.

"Feels like the first time we've had our date again, doesn't it?" She says looking around.

"Yeah," I said. I need to break up with her, don't let her charms get to you, Yeji. I needed to keep reminding myself on what I've came here for.

"So, how are you?" She grabbed my hand and started rubbing it with her thumb. God, she is making this decision really difficult for me.

"I need to get something off my mind." I told her.

"What is it?" Ryujin asked, looking into my eyes.

"I want to break up with you." I said. Why does my heart feel like this? It feels like it's being torn apart. I shouldn't feel like this, she should.

"What happened?" She asked, taking her hand off of mine. Looking into my eyes softly.

"I've been seeing someone else." I lied, hoping I'd get to see her cry for the first time.

"Oh, I see." Ryujin said. She's really not affected? What is wrong with her?

"You're not sad?" I asked, trying to find a hint of sadness through her eyes. There was nothing, was this a waste of time?

"I am but I just can't force love onto you." Ryujin explained.

"What?" I'm so confused.

"I understand, people fall out of love." Ryujin said before getting up from her seat.

"I've been seeing them since we started dating." I said, trying to get her to cry. I don't know why, but I loved the feeling when I saw people cry.

"Well, I'll go then." Ryujin said in a disappointed voice, still not showing her sadness.

She left the table.

I felt defeated, I didn't know what I was going to do. I had the same class tomorrow so facing her would be awkward. Usually, I'd be strong about it but why do I feel so weak?

The next day in class, Ryujin sat next to me like our break up didn't mean a thing. She still talked to me but not in the flirty way that she used to before.

"Are you not mad at me?" I asked.

"I am, a little." She answered.

"Then why are you still talking to me?" This girl is confusing, I swear.

"You're the only person I'm sitting next to." Ryujin said before she kept doing the assignment. So, now I'm just a classmate to her. Not even an enemy.

Her eyes weren't red or puffy. She was actually not emotionally affected by love and this made me feel more attracted to her. I don't know how but I've always looked up to someone like her.

Before I knew it, I found out that I've been staring at her like a total creep.

"Are you gonna keep staring?" She asked, still not taking her eyes off her paper.

"No— Um," I said, trying to think of an excuse.

"Do you want to copy off of me?" She cut me off. Why was she still so nice to me?

"You're weird." I said.

"So you don't want to copy off me?" She asked again.

"Can I?" I asked.

She gave me her paper without hesitation.

No clue what she was doing to me but I've never dealt with anything like this before. All of my exes have been distant when I broke up with them. Why is Ryujin so different?

After class, her friend Chaeryeong walked with her to her next class. I couldn't help but feel a sense of jealousy.

Jealousy is something that won't last forever, it'll go away.

At lunch, I'd watch Ryujin and Chaeryeong talk, get close with each other, and laugh. It felt like I had never existed.

She wasn't heartbroken, I was.

Jealousy will go away.

It didn't go away. It's been 2 months, I don't know what to do. I couldn't even focus on finding another victim. My mind only swirled around Ryujin, everything reminded me of her.

I felt like I've lost an opportunity that I'll never get back.

Is there anything that I could do to have her back? I can't bare to see her with Chaeryeong, I need to think of something before they get together. I need to think quick.

I don't want to dread this feeling any longer.

a/n: yejis in love