1

Ringing noises.

Why was Ryujin hearing ringing noises?

Ryujin wakes up from her slumber, her alarm had rung. Ryujin lazily tries to turn the ringing clock off and ended up failing to do it, every attempt.

She groans, opening her tired eyes and successfully quieting the noise. Ryujin gets up from her bed, grabbing her phone and started walking to the bathroom to do her daily routine.

She checks the time on her phone. That's when she realized she had set the alarm clock for her first day at the university that she had gotten accepted into. She smiles.

This had woken her up, she was excited. She makes sure to look extra presentable.

She runs down the stairs to greet her parents. Her mother was cleaning the kitchen and her father was eating breakfast, looking at his phone.

"Mom, Dad! It's my first day at my university!" Ryujin happily exclaimed, making both of her parents' attention settle on her.

"Good for you, are you excited?" Her mother asked.

"Of course I am, it's my dream school!" Ryujin widely smiled, walking towards the front door. She opens it and before she left, someone had called for her.

"Hey." Her father yelled.

Ryujin stood at the opened door, tilting her head. What could her father want?

"Don't forget to eat." He said, looking at the toast sitting on the plate. Ryujin smiled before grabbing the toast and heading to her new school.

"Ryujin!" Someone called. Ryujin squints her eyes to get a better look of this caller. She wasn't particularly close with this person, they just happened to wind up in the same school again.

"Oh, Chaeryeong!" Ryujin greeted, walking up to her.

"How have you been?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Good, good. What about you?" Ryujin replied.

"Same as well, where's your girlfriend?" Chaeryeong wondered. Almost everybody at her high school knew about Ryujin's love life. Some hated it, some supported it.

Ryujin didn't really care about what others thought about her. She just wanted to live her life.

"Oh.. Lia? Yeah, we're not together anymore." Ryujin awkwardly says, picturing Lia with another man. She felt icky at the thought of them. They had broken up last week, it was recent, indeed.

A lot of people would have given up on love if they were cheated on. Not Ryujin, she believed that love was still real even though she had gotten cheated on, countless of times. She took her exes as a learning experience.

"Oh sorry, I asked because you'd always talk about going to the same university as her.." Chaeryeong panicked, trying to explain.

"No worries." Ryujin reassured. Chaeryeong still felt bothered though.

Ryujin checks the time on her phone.