"Does he surf?" Sam asked, a more reasonable question.

"Guys seriously I have no idea who he is, what he does, what he like, or if he's hot" I replied a little louder, honestly the overbearing questions began to feel slightly overwhelming.

Suddently the bell that hung in the door frame of the gas house rang, we all turned around to see Luke and Ryan walk onto the dock.

"Woah, ladies, careful you're making the queen upset." Ryan said in a joking tone as he walked onto the dock.

I rolled my eyes again, as Luke fake bowed towards me.

"Oh haha guys." I stated referring to the nick name.

No one had stopped calling me 'the queen' for the last year after a surf announcer said and I quote "Nora Baker the queen of the waves out here in Ocean Bay"

The boys took pleasure in making fun of me for it.

"God do you two ever shut up?" Maddie asked while throwing a small shell at Ryan.

Ryan fake thought about it for a second.

"No"

"Nope" Luke added

"Never." Ryan finished

Then they both froze.

"Well it depends what are we taking about?" Ryan asked.

"Sex." Leah imedently replied

"Hot drunk steamy sex." Ella added

"Well shit ladies I would have come sooner I had no idea..." Ryan said playing along.

I rolled my eyes.

"God Ryan we were talking about the guy who coming to live at my house tonight." I explained

"Shit thats tonight?" Luke said sitting down next to me.

I watched as the gold chain around his next moved as he sat down. The chain was alittle small on him but he'd had it forever, even before he got adopted.

"Yes thats tonight she just said it was." Sam said

"Well when do you clock out to go meet him?" Luke asked leaning back to look at the clock on the gas house wall

"Whenever I want." I said with a laugh behind my voice.

My entire friend group was rich, we all would admit it, we all knew it.

Maybe I was alittle more than them but it didn't really matter.

My dad owned pretty much anything boat related in this town, especially the yatch club.

I couldn't complain because it made life easy. Getting a job as a gas girl for me and my friends was easy, the boys worked as deck hands for my dad.

Getting on a surf team was easier to, I had to admit a name could do a lot of damage when it had a reputation.

We all sat in silence for a moment, all of us collectively squinting under the sun light.

When you are as close as my friend group there isn't much to talk about all the time.

We had all been friends since 3rd grade, Except for Luke.

We'd been through it all, watched the friend group fall apart then put itself back together.

We were practically unbeatable.

I had to admit that Luke played a large part in keeping us stable. He was probably the only calm one.

Ryan was a complete man whore who always had bad ideas.

Leah could be described in the same way.

Maddie was more academicically focused

While Ella was only alive for a good time.

And Sam was Sam, sweet caring Sam.

We were all very different puzzle pieces that fit so well together.

And Luke was the glue that made sure we never really fell apart.

I looked at Luke as he sat back on the dock and let out a huge sigh.

He was my brother, well in a way.

My parents had fostered him before he was adopted by a family here in Ocean Bay. We'd lived together for years.

"So drinking and bon fire is what I'm hearing by this silence?" Luke asked with a smile on his face.

Ella shrugged "I'm down"

"Ditto" Ryan added on

"But not too late I have a shift at 7 tomorrow." Maddie stated.

Everyone turned towards me for an answer.

"What? You guys don't need me to have a good time." I stated

"No, but we know you want to come have a good time." Sam said finally standing up and walking over to the gas house.

"We'll get you out of the house tonight just you watch your highness." Ryan said with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes before standing up and collecting my towel.

"Sure." I replied as I walked towards the gas house

Slipping on my crocs I looked up at the clock on the wall it was almost 4:30 and Finn was supposed to get to my house at 5.

"Hey guys I gotta clock out, but you can stay clocked in until the sun goes down." I stated as I signed my name on the time sheet.

I got a mix of 'oks' and 'sounds good' from the group. I turned from the dock and exited the gas house, taking the path dock to land.

It wasn't dark yet, but the sun was setting. In the distance I could hear my group laughing.

Part of me was excited to meet this new kid, but part of me also hoped that my friends would think of a plan to get me out of the house.

Maybe this Finn kid won't be so bad.

Words: 1324