Chapter 6, The Dance

"Are you going to say yes?" Kate didn't reply to Anthony's question she just extends her hand towards him and Anthony took it like a gentleman. They started dancing but they could see that people have stated gossiping and slowly other pairs left the dance floor, Kate was getting conscious not for herself but for Anthony's pride and reputation she knew dancing with the spinster sister of your past intended is not any else scandalous so she asked Anthony if he wants to stop to which he replied "Keep looking at me" he tightens his grip on her to assure her before continuing "No one else matters". Kate could not help but smile at him which he returned and continued to dance. They both knew if they want to be with each other they will have to be strong so that they could fight for the future they want and this is just the beginning of it.

They were dancing and smiling when they heard the queen was observing them with a smile and realizing their emotions which were so much like the emotions, she shared with her husband she could see the true love emitting from them. When she heard the murmuring besides her "What a scandal" "Is that why the sister's engagement was cancelled" she could not stand those morons so she said "No child, no it was I who changed my mind about the engagement" she paused and again looked at the couple dancing and she could not help but support them "And they make such beautiful couple, do they not?" when even after if minutes nobody replied she asked again in a more authority "Do they not?" when replied with a yes she again asked "then why is nobody dancing?" and other couple started returning to the dance floor. She was observing others when her eyes met Agatha's eyes (Lady Danbury) and they shared a knowing look.

Even though they were quiet away from the Queen with music and each other's presence as a distraction they heard what Queen said and they relaxing a little and let themselves enjoy each other. But dancing seemed so much as even the lightest touches or their mingling breathes were testing so much of their patience. Anthony knew if he didn't have to care about her reputation and not loss the little control, he is hanging on he would have kissed her pulled her to his body till they were one and Kate's scent was not helping him at all. He could see the same desires in Kate's eyes and could also see her questioning him, he knew she needed his confirmation, she needed a directed confirmation. After the song ended still, they were holding each other's hands till the Queen with smile passed them.

Kate could see desire in his eyed she could see the overwhelming emotions. She observed his jaw clenching, their breathes increasing, his grip tightening. She could feel the emotions but after all the mess she requires or at least deserves Anthony's verbal confession and she it was not possible with hundreds of eyes and ears waiting for a new gossip she shook her head and realized her hand from his grasp and walked away she needs air or else see would end up crying.

Kate was standing in garden of the Featherington's when Anthony came towards her took her hand which she didn't refuse. Anthony led her out of the garden without anybody noticing them as everybody was busy guessing what was Lady Featherington surprise. He led her to the Bridgerton carriage already waiting for them she paused but Anthony just gave her a pleading look and Kate followed him in the carriage. The sat in absolute silence she didn't knew where he was taking her but his bare hand give were so warm even in her gloved hands has calming her down. When the carriage stopped Anthony stepped out first and led her towards the far most gazebo according to her predicted of the Bridgerton House.  

They stood their in silence looking at each other for few minutes but she could not handle it anymore so she asked "why did brought me here, My Lord" he studied her face before turning around and walking steps away from her before facing her again. "I suppose you know we need to talk." "I do know that."