Chapter 5, The Featherington Ball

When Kate woke the first thing, she saw was the tulips on her bedside table she had a soft smile on her face and knew these were from Anthony. Edwina who was sitting on the chair in the opposite direction saw this had smiled to. "I suppose you already know, but let me tell you those are from the Viscount." After realizing Edwina's presence Kate gave a genuine smile to her before trying to sit up while Edwina who was helping her to sit continued saying "He came to see an hour ago, but due to some problems had to attend the parliament." "How are you feeling now, dearest" Mary asked who just entered the bedchamber. "I am fine." They sat in complete silence when Kate suddenly said "I am so sorry, for disappointing you both for not being able to be worthy of being a part of this family." Mary and Edwina were shocked and Mary said "Nonsense Kate my dearest daughter you do not need to be worthy to be a part of this family because you already are and will always be. I and Edwina love for who you are, you do not need to earn it." The three of them hugged together and shed some tears before Edwina interjected.

"Didi, I want ask somethings are you ok with it?" Kate nodded so Edwina continued "Was there always something between you and Viscount? Or were you lying to me the entire time?" There were few minutes of silence before Kate spoke "I suppose there was always something with us and no I was not lying to you... I was lying to myself I thought I would control these feelings but..." "but they were just very strong to be in your control." Edwina completed Kate's sentence Kate just gave her a smile. The pair of sister and mother had a very needed conversation which is going to help them realize the faded emotions of trust and belonging. This conversation is going to improve their relation.

When Anthony returned home next day in the afternoon because he swapped by work, he was informed the Sharma family and Lady Danbury has returned. He was disappointed but before he could react the situation Violet came towards him and said "Don't worry, Lady Danbury and I suggested to make the sure the Engagement cancelation does not negatively affect both are families so we should attend the Featherington ball ... and don't worry she is fine and the doctor suggest a change in atmosphere would help her." She patted his shoulder and told him to get ready and not think about going to the Danbury house now he will meet her later.

Anthony knew he would meet the bane of his existence and the object of all his desires in few hours but that doesn't mean he was waiting patiently; he was pacing around his study when Daphne came to his study. He was not in mood to talk and Daphne knew that so she just went with telling him for what she came here "Brother... Anthony, she has been waiting for you since she woke up, Brother make sure you fight for happiness you both deserve. Anthony, you have done a lot for this family now try doing something for the new family you deserve to build. Do not let your fears win and let you miss the joy of loving someone... I might not be the best person to say this but since she has entered your life the old Anthony, the Anthony who joked, whined and most importantly laughed has resurfaced, so if not just for yourself but for all of us bring Kate to this family brother." There tears in both of their eyes and Daphne just hugged Anthony and left the office before one of them get overwhelm by their emotions.

Anthony was discussing some business matters with some gentlemen when without even looking at the entrance he knew she has arrived. He tried his best to not look at her because he knows as soon as his eyes fell on her he would run towards her and the last think he wants is to embarrass in front of the whole ton. He tried doing that with all this will until the gentlemen signal him to look at the dance floor. There she was dancing with her sister not bothering to follow the rules, but he was happy to see that the relationship of the sisters has been improving and his faults have not jeopardized it. She was smiling and dancing with her sister not caring what the others might think but occasionally her eyes were scanning her surrounding area as if searching for someone, and he knew or at least he hoped that someone was him and when their eyes met, he could feel the sparkle in her eyes and the smile forming on his own face.

Kate knew he was watching her and knew exactly where he was, she doesn't know how is knew but she did. She wanted to see him so badly but tried to control her urge, but when her eyes met Lady Danbury's eyes who smiled at her in an encouraging way she could not help but give into her urges and look at him who was already looking at her with so much emotions in his eyes and small genuine smile she knew she was doomed this vexing man has always had a most pleasing smile with other worldly handsomeness... she looked away from him when she heard Edwina giggling at her. She tried to give her a warning looking but she was knew she was smiling herself.

When music came to an end Edwina and Hate did a curtsy to each other and giggled and when Edwina noticed Anthony approaching them, she told Kate "Didi, do not run anymore and be the Kate I know fearless fun Kate. Don't try to stop listening to your heart after doing the exact opposite for far too long. Be Fearless and get what you want I always love and will support you." They both just smiled at each other and when Anthony approached them, they greeted each other. But before they could even say a word the Queen and her party entered the ball. After a little greeting and acknowledging the Queen's presence she kind of made a declaration that said "Miss Edwina Sharma have I told you I have a nephew who is a prince... and is available." The ton got what the Queen is trying to tell the Diamond of this season and the most eligible bachelor of the ton are single again and ofcourse the mama's where not going to miss this chance and started approaching both of them with their kids.

Kate did not what came over her but when she saw Anthony surrounded by other ladies, she could stop herself and approach towards him, the amused look on Anthony's face and confusion on others as she approach him was making her feel nervous. But before she could change her direction a little to make it seem like she was not Anthony excused himself and approached her she could not do anything other then look at him and ask "My Lord, are you perhaps going to ask me to dance with you?" Anthony could not control his smirk "Are you going to say yes?"