Chapter 1, Announcement Ball

Kate remains standing in the woods for the long time, trying to control her emotions make herself believe that she is doing the writing by letting Edwina and Lord Bridgerton get married. She knew something was breaking deep inside, her stubborn tears kept rolling down her cheeks even after trying to stop it desperately she consoled herself by reminding that she will return to India and this feeling will pass away for both of them but these thoughts didn't console her but made more dejected. But she needed pulled herself together as she was doing this for her sister's happiness, for Edwina. After making sure she a lot stable she returned to Lady Danbury's house not before glancing at the direction Anthony went. She shook her head to remove all those and mounted the horse to return.

Kate and Anthony tried their best to remain as normal as possible for the remaining days and tried to avoid each other as much as possible. Till they had to face each other at the Announcement ball (engagement) suggested by Lady Danbury. The ball was at Bridgerton house. Lady Danbury, Mary, Edwina and Kate had arrived her early as they would also have to address and greet the guest together with the Bridgerton family.

Anthony who had been mostly remained in his study in the pretext of having lot of work to do filled came out when his aid announced the Sharma's and Lady Danbury's arrival. He greeted all of the people with small bow a smile that didn't really reach his eyes. The moment his eyes landed on Kate he knew he should not have looked at her, there she was standing in her lilac-colored gown looking ethereal how was it that every time he looks at her, she becomes more beautiful.

 He forced himself to look away when Violet, his mother coughed to get his attention and gave him a look and he knew she was trying to remind him of the conversation they about rethinking about this wedding before its too late he just sigh. There was an unwanted awkwardness in the air. When suddenly Lady Danbury patted her cane to get attention on her, "There is something to be discussed before the guest start arriving, Miss Edwina Sharma now is your time." All of the other people were confused but decided to let Edwina speak.

Edwina came a little to the center so that everybody could pay their utmost attention to her when she knew she has it. She looked Kate and then Anthony and while maintaining an eye contact with Anthony she said "Lord Bridgerton may I ask you question?" 

//this just my first time writing so hope you like it...