CHAPTER SIXTEEN

It was a Friday night and Betty and Jughead decided to spend the night watching movies in her room. They could not go anywhere because her parents wouldn't allow her anywhere at night especially if it was with Jughead so he had to sneak in her bedroom window.

Jughead pov

I had to admit, I preferred lying in bed and watching movies with Betty to dealing with every day shit going on in Riverdale and sitting out late at night writing my never ending novel, which had been what I was expecting. Betty spent half her time shouting at the screen whenever one of the characters did something stupid or the screen fizzled into static, and the other half swooned over how hot everyone was.

"God, look at his abs," she muttered when one vampire took his shirt off. "My boyfriend should be with abs like that."

"Betty, you have said that about the last five men who appeared onscreen," i said feeling some kind of jealousy but ever since Betty learnt and forgave me about the kiss with Veronica, She's been acting all flirty with other guys which is really annoying but deep down I knew she loves me "They cannot all be this attractive."

"The whole point of these movies is that everyone's hot," Betty cried. "The ladies, the guys, hell, even this chick's grandma is hot." She pointed at the old woman who had just hobbled onscreen. "Look at her!"

"Betty, are you okay?" I asked since she was acting weird and strange.
What's wrong Bee, you know you can tell me anything." I managed to ask as she heavily sigh nervously.
"I'm sorry Jug, I really am...... It's just I'm trying to forgive you but I can't let go of the anger and....I thought doing this maybe I can remember all our nice moments... instead I keep imagining you two kissing."  She raised herself

I glanced at Betty. This time she didn't look very interested in the movie anymore. Instead, she was staring directly at me in a hurt expression.

"It's okay," I said as I squeezed her close to my chest but sincerely I was not okay too. Lately we haven't spent even the slides time together and the first weeks she kept avoiding me and now, it just felt hard to understand her even being in the same space with her felt...somehow forced. I felt like I ruined it and it killed me thinking about it.
"I'm sorry, I ruined everything." I had to apologize.

"It's not your fault Jug in fact you're one of the best guys and I'm lucky to have you," she said.

"So what about you and Vee, are you two friends?."
"I don't know....it takes time but I feel bad she's having a hard time where she works." She let out a heavy sigh.

"Mm....she's okay, we actually work together."

"Wait!, You work with her?" She looked jealous and for a moment and I instantly regretted mentioning that.
She didn't continue, and the resulting silence was terribly awkward.

"That, um..." I tried to think of something to say. Something witty, maybe, or consoling. "Yeah," is what I said instead. I realized how stupid it sounded, and tried to correct my mistake. "I'm sorry. I, um, I just don't know what else to say but there's nothing going on between her and I...you know that."

She snorted. "It's okay, Jughead. I'm not angry or jealous." She sighed and switched off the vampire movie, apparently bored with watching a bunch of impossibly hot twenty- somethings do battle. "Um...I'm feeling sleepy" she said without looking at me. "You should sleep too, you have a long day tomorrow, don't want to be late to Veronica."

"Seriously Betty.." I muttered as she shifted distantly facing away from me. She was obviously jealous. "Betty...I'm sorry...please ..I love you." I called multiple times but silence.
I was mad, angry at her. If she trust me why was she being like this. I decided to stop and sleep myself facing her direction.