CHAPTER TWELVE

"Jughead, we need to talk!" Veronica barged in the blue and gold office with her heels clicking, walking towards Jughead who was unusually pale since she didn't know was that Betty was also inside.

"Talk about what exactly?" She heard a voice from the corner of the voice. It was her bestie who she didn't know was inside.
"Ooh,... Betty...hi." Veronica greeted nervously but Betty was just not buying her chippy actions, she knew she was smarter than that so Veronica had to come up with an excuse fast.
She turned towards Jug, who was now frozen and not knowing what exactly he was gonna do. Then it hit her.

"Actually it's good I found both of you two! What was that in the morning?" Veronica complained.

"Do you know how much you guys destroyed my beautiful mind?" She acted more displeased bringing up the topic about earlier over and over again. Jughead was impressed, he didn't realise how good a liar and actress she was and what was more impressive is how his girlfriend, Betty was buying all the bullshit Veronica was pulling.

He wanted to burst laughing at how they were all acting, it was nice to just make fun of her but he held it in so as not to look suspicious.

"That was amazing." Jughead laughed and clapped as soon as Betty left. Veronica just couldn't help but glare at him annoyingly.

"Ooh please save it, I am the best actress here and I killed it." She crossed her arms pouting and bragging on how she won awards in her previous school.

"Well, I'm glad to know you won best comedian actress." He teases her.
Veronica rolls her eyes

"I think I did better than the guy who was frozen like some squirrel from the ice age." She lets out a muffled laughed making Jughead groan with embarrassment.

"I tend to freeze sometimes...with Betty." He made his way as he leaned backwards towards the table, Veronica saw them having sex in the morning.

it took a minute till Veronica remembered what she was actually doing there.
"Jughead.... there's a rumour going around about us." She sigh making her way beside him also leaning on the same table.
"Well....I heard." Jughead mumbled, Veronica was surprised and curious as to why he knew and didn't tell her anything and this made her angry.

"Are you being serious right now? You knew and didn't think to tell me?" She yelled, her voice filled with anger.
" I'm sorry, I didn't think to tell you and I just knew this is how you'd react." He explained pointing out the obvious. Veronica wanted to argue back but it was no point in doing it since they had to figure out there situation.

"Okay...so what is the rumour about." Veronica eyes darted towards his realising they were too close. It was awkward and risky, considering there's a rumour going around about them but it felt peaceful, comfortable, longing perhaps.

"Well, someone claims that they saw us......you know... kiss." He swallowed, he was still not used to this friendship thing with her, it was all new to him. For almost his whole life Jughead has grown not to trust anyone except himself and few people like Archie and Betty.

They were the only two friends, he needed and growing up. Everything is not the same anymore even the friends he thought he could trust changed.

"Well...since we didn't tell anyone then it must be anyone in among our friends.

"Um...about that." His voice trailed off and Veronica instantly knew he messed up since his voice was filled with guilt and nervousness.

"Let me guess, you told someone about us." Veronica scowled, pursing her lips.
"I'm sorry, I..I kinda needed someone to talk to and Toni isn't that kind of a person to say anything." Jughead insisted.
"Please believe me on this one." He asked