Chapter four

It has been almost a month to December and Jughead and Veronica neither talked. Even though they were always at eachother's company with Archie and Betty along.

Fp was cleared and Jason's murderer was caught which made Jughead realised things were finally going to place. Betty and hi were finally stable and he had his best friend with him. But some part of him felt like something was different.

He then realised Veronica had been really avoiding him and not at all talking to him. It was good since it was all that he wanted but not like this.

Sometimes he would find himself stealing glances towards her in class or sometimes their eyes would meet and she would slowly look away. Did I really hurt her to avoid me?

Jughead's p.o.v

Betty and I were from our English class when we met with Kevin and Cheryl who seemed close nowadays since they were preparing and decorating Christmas decorations at school.

"Hey lover boy and girl." Cheryl cried happy for no reason, "hey guys " Kevin greeted us as we questioned the basket that was full of papers.

"So what do you guys have there." Betty asked as I pulled her closer with one of my arm around her.
"Well since it's the semester is almost ending before our senior year, we were planning to have secret Santa for the whole school." Kevin explained.

"Yeah and that way maybe who knows new couples can come out of it or-" "-new friendships." Kevin finished after Cheryl extending their hat towards us to pick from the scrambled paper.

"I don't think I want to participate, I'd rather have Betty as mine and me as hers." I cried but Betty had already picked a name and tried to insist me too.

"I think it's best to since everyone needs to have a present and it'll be bad if one of the student misses." Cheryl said so I decided just to pick one of the paper just to get rid of them.

Betty and I slowly walked to my locker as she excitedly cheered.
"Thank God, I got Kevin... He's the easiest person I know."

I was not interested in knowing who's mine but as I opened my locker I got a glimpse of Veronica in her locker with Archie by her side.
"Hey, have you and Veronica been talking?" I asked darting my eyes towards Betty.
"Yeah almost like every time. We are even meeting after school, why what's wrong?" She curiously asked.

"It's nothing, just haven't seen you guys around so much." But that didn't convince her.
"Jug, is there something going on between you two?" I suddenly panicked, did she hear something or notice. My book fell in the ground drawing the couple's attention from afar.

"It's just you guys don't talk at all, you don't interact or anything." Betty complained in a way which was a relief.

"Well, I just don't get along with her and she's a lier and selfish." I said to Betty who seemed to be annoyed.
"You don't know her Jughead, Veronica is really a great person if you atleast give eachother a chance. I just don't get why you guys don't like eachother so much." Betty mumbles.

"Betty, you don't have to worry, maybe some day who knows." I averted my eyes towards my locker as Betty snatched my secret Santa paper to take a pick of the name.

"-- good then maybe that time is now because your Veronica's secret Santa." Betty chuckled giving me my paper which I kept looking at it.

"What!?" I cried before Betty kissed me and left.

Was this some kind of joke? The one person, I told to stay away is the one I was going to be secret Santa to. By this I walked towards Cheryl and Kevin who were still giving the remaining papers to some students.

"Cheryl, Kevin!" I called towards them. "What Jughead." Cheryl cried rolling her eyes at me.
"I want to trade or just take the damn paper back." I insisted but Cheryl just crossed her arms Infront of her chest.

"Jughead, do we look like we take refunds, no." She straight up denied.
"Jughead, we don't take back names and that is the whole point of the event. Be it someone you hate or like, you just have to accept." Kevin continued.

"Pardon me though, why would you return that name, is it someone you hate or... Is it someone you had a weird encounter with?.." Cheryl grinned curiously at me as I changed my mind.

"I think I'll keep it." I snatched my paper before she opened it and decided to leave.

___________________________________________

"You wanna trade secret santas?" Jughead casually asked Toni as he followed her through the store.

She laughed, "No way. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit... infact I got to be Cheryl's secret Santa."

"Don't give me that elementary ass saying, Toni. I'm being serious infact why am I the only one who doesn't like my giftee."

Toni looked at Jughead and gave in. "What's wrong with your secret santa?"

"Nothing," he replied. "I just..." Jughead trailed off. "I don't know. She's just annoying."

"Way to go, Captain Obvious," Toni giggled behind her hand. "You got Veronica?"

Jughead responded in silence, making Toni laugh again.
"I just don't get this feud between you and Veronica, she seems cool and by the way super attractive... And don't get me started on those stolen glances you two have two have been giving eachother." Toni confessed making Jug scoff.

He never thought people noticed him.

"Jug, you really don't have to explain yourself infact she's pretty."

"I just had my reasons." Jughead mumbled to himself.

"Just go find her a gift, okay? It's just a present, nobody's forcing you to be friends with her."

Jughead reluctantly left Toni's side to find a gift for Veronica, doing more thinking than shopping.

Jughead snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed a small shop. It was a stupid bright looking store with trinkets of all sorts. Probably a store that an idiot like Veronica would like and there, on a display shelf, was what Jughead decided to buy for Veronica.