Chapter five

It's a week till the party and Jughead still didn't get anything to give Veronica.

"Remind me again why do I have to give her a gift?" Jug pleaded in a desperate, croaked voice.

"Well, atleast you get to be on her good side." Toni shrugged as the Betty and the two sat in the blue and gold office.

Jughead's gaze shifted to his empty notebook page labeled 'Gift Ideas'. He picked up their pencil and put it to paper before pausing. 'What does Veronica even like?, She has like everything, or should I get something they don't like instead,' Jughead grinned at the image of Veronica yelling at Jughead for giving her something stupid. Like a handful of dirt or a jar of toenails.

"Seriously Jug, Veronica is my friend and you guys should get along

"Seriously Jug, Veronica is my friend and you guys should get along." Betty sweety cried typing her class project.

Jughead focused back on his notepad, face souring as he began writing, movements slowed by mental anguish and the churning stomach ache that inevitably came whenever they thought about the damned buckeye state.

"Can't you guys just spy on Veronica and ask her what she wants, you guys are her friends." Jughead suggests as Toni glances at him.

"It doesn't work that way, Jug infact it's Christmas period, she's smart enough to know." Betty said.
"Don't you know anything about Veronica leaving the fact that--" "--that she's an attention seeker, self centered, a spoilt daddy's girl and always makes everything about her." Jughead finished listing every inch of Veronica's bad traits.

"Not bad traits Jug. Good ones, I bet there's something that she does that makes you atleast admire her for." Toni asked making Jug give it a serious thought.

Just then

"Guys, I'm really stressed with all this Christmas Santa thi-" Veronica cried walking in complaining as usual

"Guys, I'm really stressed with all this Christmas Santa thi-" Veronica cried walking in complaining as usual. Till when she realised Toni and Jughead were inside the office.

"Ooh, I didn't know you had company." She stopped on her tracks facing Jughead and Toni.

"Hey Vee." Toni greeted cheerily as Veronica responded back.