Chapter three

Veronica's p.o.v

It has been days since the party. Everyone has been out of it lately and there's alot of rumours and whispers about Jug.
Well if you're thinking it involves me then no but after the party, I have been trying to reach him since the hook up.

I really feel guilty just watching my only dear friend, Betty treat me nice and protective with me and Archie... God! I managed to clear things out with him since it turns out that he's just been talking to his mother who's going through divorce. I should've been there and I just made it worse by hooking up with his best friend. I guess I'm such an amazing girlfriend after all.

Well Jughead hasn't been coming to school lately, not obviously because of me but because his dad was arrested as a suspect for Jason's murder, Cheryl's brother.

About Cheryl, well she's becoming annoying this time. Maybe that's how she's coping after her brother's murder.

It was lunch hours

And I was so out of it, checking my texts all the time hoping Jughead would answer since the last time we talked, it looked like we were drunk and there was a lot of misunderstanding.

It was a mistake, a mistake we both made and there was no need of blaming eachother or taking it back if we could as long as we agreed not to tell anyone.
"Who are you texting?" Archie curiously asked as I managed to abruptly flip my phone.
"Just me and mom talking about all this attorneys and stuff." I lied, I was a very good lier but the more I lied the more it ate me.

We were sitting at the cafeteria with Archie when Betty and Kevin joined us.
They looked normal and not mad, I guess.
"Hey guys." They sat down putting their trays against the table.
"So, how is... Jughead. Did you two talk?" I curiously asked wanting to know if he said anything to her but according to her expression, I guessed Jug didn't say anything.

"I did but last time I did, it didn't end well. We argued because of his birthday and he just left." Ooh so neither Betty didn't get a chance to see or talk to him, that was good.

"So anyone here who managed to contact him?" I desperately asked "-not that.. I care." I didn't want to look suspicious so I acted like I didn't care.

"I did and he didn't say much but just looked down and guilty." Archie stated as the word guilt caught my attention.
"Did he say why he feels the way he feels?" I continued interrogating.

"Gesh Veronica, since when did you care about Jug so much?" Kevin asked who I didn't notice has been keenly a observing me.
"Just out of pity and he's Betty's boyfriend and Archie's best friend so I have to question." I answered as Archie managed to kiss me on my left corner of the my lips and Betty giving me a hand for comfort.

"You're really an angel Vee, I appreciate it." She said making my guts drop as I felt even more guilty.
Just then there was voices in the cafeteria as someone walked in getting everyone's attention and whispers.

It was Jughead, walking inside the cafeteria with his hands in his pocket and his head hugging looking all gloomy.

Everyone's eyes escorted him as we all watched him darting towards Cheryl. My heart ache a bit, I know it shouldn't, I hate him and he too did but since that make out, I somehow started to have a soft spot for him which makes it worse because I keep regretting it.

We all watched as Jughead stood Infront of Cheryl trying to apologize for what everyone seems to believe his father did and I get it since I've been where Jughead is standing now which I relate to how he feels.

Just out of sudden, Cheryl rose and slapped Jughead and started hitting him making Archie and other friends involved to interfere and stop Cheryl for hitting him as Jughead just stood there doing nothing and got into trouble for the chaos.