CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Veronica got to the park a few minutes late on Saturday morning. Admittedly, she shouldn’t have hit the snooze button on her alarm so many times, but she really didn’t want to get out of bed.

She didn’t actually want to be here at all, but that went without saying. She couldn't believe she had to lie to her mom just so she could be here. The video of Betty and Veronica had been trending, she has been trending in a bad way, getting punched was not at all what she imagined to start the year especially one that's been memed. Good thing no one saw her black eye she's been covering with makeup.

She saw Steven talking to some people that she didn’t know.

It looked like there were about ten people ready and waiting and most of them were serpents, she gulped after realising how she was surrounded by most serpents and she was probably the last one to arrive amongst the few Northsides.

As she walked, she neglected to look down to see if there was anything on the ground she might trip on.

So, of course, she tripped. A lot of them were watching her and calling her the punched girl.

"shit," Veronica exclaimed as her foot caught on something. After steadying herself, she saw that it was another familiar figure tying her shoe. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s all right!”

He finished what he was doing and bounced to his feet, standing up straight Veronica lost her strength, it was Jughead Jones. Out of all people, she had to be stuck with him and his friends.

"Jughead." She heavily breathed trying to contain her anger. So instead she forced a smile.

"Veronica...I didn't know you'd be here." He smiled at her.

Veronica gave him a quick once-over, trying to figure out, on a scale of one to ten, how fake he was being with his excitement. Was he being real? Was he making fun of her? He was the reason she was there, defending his girlfriend saying that she started the fight.

"I can't believe you!" Veronica angrily stormed off excusing herself as Jughead followed her behind.
"C'mon, are you still mad at me?" He asked
"You sold me out Jughead!" Veronica stopped on her tracks.
"Well, it's true you started the fight....and Betty is my girlfriend so I had no choice but to side with her." Jughead explained as Veronica sighed trying to understand.

"You're right, I deserve this....but why are you here? From what I remember you weren't involved in the fight." Veronica furrowed her eyebrows curiously.

"Yeah, I always get into trouble but you...the Northside princess." Jug laughed analyzing her whole look.

"Yeah well who's fault is it?" Vee rolled her eyes at him

“Yup. Happens to the best of us, right?”

Veronica could tell that Jughead had been going for humor with that, but Veronica would be damned if she laughed.

“I guess?”

“Vee, good to see you!”

Steven walked up to them just then. “I see you’ve already met Jughead?”

“Yeah,” she answered flatly. Under her breath, she muttered, "we go to the same school."

“Good. Well why don’t you two come over here and we can get started? We’re gonna be preparing a flower garden today. It’s a lot of shoveling and planting and weed-pulling, so get ready to be sore in places you didn’t know even existed.”

“OK!” Jughead enthused. “Let’s get started!”

He and Steven walked off, and Veronica just stared after them.