Chapter 8 - I miss them... ALSO-

Start from the beginning

4 months where she went and cried to Manny and her parents because of that, and Manny told her to keep pushing because this new style of soccer is revolutionary in Spain. She wasn't as close to Clario back then despite their friendship, when she cried to Clario once he said "Just get stronger, Spain needs the physical and not the acrobatics," and he left.

Chia felt betrayed by this.

But it's fine! They're besties now and she can rely on him for anything!

Clario... Luther... Bergamo... Alonso... Barcelona Orb... by the gods no.

"CHIA? WHY ARE YOU CRYING?"

"COACH, CHIA IS CRYING"

"OMG CHIA IS CRYING- GOUJIN WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WHAT DID I DO?"

"Alright children let's calm down," trainer Zhou patted Chia's head. It had been a total of a month and a half since she'd been in Japan, and a month since she met the team. She misses her friends...

"What's wrong little Chia?" Chia looks up to meet Zhou, her face covered in tears. She's not supposed to cry! She was supposed to supervise the team and make sure that they are doing well in the upcoming tournament! Yes, she knows that she's a crybaby but it's still embarrassing!

"I-" Chia sniffs, "I really miss my friends a lot and I hope that they're, like, with me right now-" Chia talks fast, a bit too fast, and it's in Spanish which is even worse- "I don't want to be here in Japan, like, it's nice but I prefer my home where I have everyone and this language barrier is taking a toll on me I want to be able to converse properly and not rely on google-" she is spilling everything huh? "-I miss mama's Paella Valenciana and the smell of a hair salon, I miss papa's thousands of computers open in his study room, I miss my dance studio-"

"Chia?" hmm, that voice sounds familiar. Chia stopped her Spanish rapping spree to look at trainer Zhou who got Chia's phone and went into her emergency contact to call Clario.

"CLLAARRIIOOO" Immediately Chia stops crying and grabs the phone, continuing her rant to Clario who was listening intently. Despite the 7-hour time zone of Japan and Spain, Clario still picked up the phone, maybe because it was called through emergency contact.

"What was wrong?" Asuto asked,

"Oh it's fine, she just missed her friends and Spain," oohhhhhh, everyone gets it now. They would sympathise with her too, they can't imagine leaving their friends and going into a new and foreign country because of an injury.

"Wait..." Asuto squints and listens closely, "Is that... CLARIO? THE CAPTAIN OF BARCELONA ORB?"

"OMG CLARIO?"

"IT'S CLARIO!"

Chia wonders why the team is screaming Clario's name. Clario wonders too. Either way, she continues her crying to Clario while he continues to listen and comfort her.

"CAN WE TALK TO CLARIO PLEASE?"

"PLEASE LET US TALK TO CLARIO!"

Chia was confused by this new bombarding motivation from the children

"What?" Chia replies in Japanese. "Please say it in Japanese-"

"They want to talk to me," Clario translates for her... Ohhhh... So that's what they're sayingggg

"Do you wanna talk to them?" To be honest, Chia wants to talk to Clario more, there is much to catch up on and with her recent breakdown she wants to chat for hours, but she can call Clario later, the kids can talk to them now. Chia pressed the speaker option.

"Hello?" Clario spoke first, and Chia held the phone closer to the group. The children's eyes shine like gold, and slowly their mouth widens.

"IT'S THE CAPTAIN OF SPAIN,"

"OMG, I'M ACTUALLY TALKING TO HIM,"

Clario chuckles at the children fanboying him, there were a few being held back because of how they were screaming. Chia bets that they wanted to pick a fight for Spain to win over Japan, it was a fair fight in all honesty, if you count fair as Spain treating Japan like a simple warm-up. After the match with Japan, Spain was left pent up, so, in the end, they divided themselves into 2 teams and did a match.

The Inazuma team was bombarding Clario with questions, some directed to Chia but Clario had to translate them in the end.

"Chia put me on a video call," Clario says

"Hm?" Chia was confused, "Ok," she put Clario on a video call and then faced the camera to the field. The children cheered and went to their places.

"They wanted to receive tips," Clario informed Chia,

"But they're our enemies right?" Chia questions

"It's not full tutoring, just the basics. Plus, I want them to improve to have a worthy fight in the future, wouldn't you agree?" Chia debated on this, she wants to make it easier for her to win the Football Frontier of course, but it wouldn't be fun if it was an easy win... Chia thinks for a second, remembering that Asuto already has excellent dribbling skills and if he improves more she can have fun; she also remembers Kazemaru from the team she faced off, his dribbling skills were good, too bad he's wasting it as a defender for a fast runner like him.

"I guess, so. Like... it would be nice... Yeah go ahead and teach the kids,"

---

Sometimes the team would argue amongst themselves, mostly because one wanted to try out this new technique that was recently taught by Clario/Chia and the people next to them are being bulldozed over because of this. And here they are... arguing again...

"Mom! Goujin keeps on pushing me!" if you can't tell already, Chia and Clario had been deemed the mother and the father of the group while Coach Zhou was the uncle who was there, actually, Chia and Clario took over the whole lesson. Clario translated everything for her so it feels like a normal conversation, excluding his remarks about mocking Chia for being the mom when she can't even control her own spending.

"Dad! Iwato keeps blocking me!" Norika remarks,

"I'm trying a new technique!" Iwato stutters,

"But I want to try mine too!"

Chia cackles... "Wait a minute, Clario we're married?!"

"That's what they've been saying for the past 20 minutes,"

"Ohhhhh, ok I'm taking the kids," Chia jokes,

"What do you mean you're taking the kids? Then I'm taking the house," Clario retorts, Chia stops for a second.

"Nevermind you can have the kids," Chia takes back.

"Oh, and Chia," Clario changes the topic,

"Hm?"

"You have been improving... right?" Chia realises that she has only been adapting to a new style of soccer for around a month now, she has not improved but merely gone back to the same level as she was before... Chia ended the call.

"Hey, trainer Zhou wanna help me create a new hissatsu technique?"