"You are so strong. You will get through this. Remeber that" his grip on her face tightened as if to try and ground her.

For a moment the horrifying glass that were her eyes cracked and hopeless raw desperation shone from under its cracks.

"Will it ever leave me.... this- this... paralizying agony?" She questioned so quietly so fragile.

Tom sighed through his nose. "It will fade" he told her. He was trying to stop lying so much.

"It will become but a healed scar that acts as evidence at how brave and resilient I know you to be" he whispered. She said nothing.

He kissed her hands and with drew leaving her.

《《《°•°•°○●○°•°•°》》

The car ride was unsettling to say the least.

Lucius his usual stoic self kept his eyes glued to the window pane watching the dribbles of rain race down the foggy glass.

Narcissa clung to his arm her handkerchief clenched in her fist and every so often she sniffed into it.

She was trying to stay composed Aurora concluded. She had chosen a black netting headdress to try distract from the smudges of mascara underneath her eyes and every so often would awkwardly comment on her hay-fever.

Aurora kept her eyes forward her vision blurring in and out like her conscious, unable to tell if this was all a dream.

She didnt remeber much from the ceremony. It was dull and religious and Regulus would have hated it.

The church was of gothic Catholic architecture and the coffin was a sleek black like it was shined with oil. He would have liked that.

The rain outside was barely rain, a heavy humid mist that made it hard to see beyond ones hand, creeping behind old stone graves and swirling around the branches of the earily still oak tree beside his grave.

The grave stone was tall and simple. REGULUS ARCTURUS  BLACK following the black family crest.

No beloved son, no devoted friend.

The crowd was small, mostly purebloods out here for duty to pay respects to stay close to the house of Black.

Everyone threw a single white rose on the coffin as it lowered into the damp muddy ground.

Aurora did not.

He liked deep purple chrysanthemums better.

She could not stop thinking about how dark and cold he must be. Regulus hated the dark.

"I hope they dressed him in something warm" she murmured. Staring blankly at the black box that had began dripping with rain spatters. Narcissa stiffened at her left side.

"We dressed him in his best suit Blossom. With a ciggerette and a small flask of brandy in his left pocket. And a picture of Avery in his right" Malfoy replied.

Narcissa held back a large sob with her hand "e-excuse me" she quivered and dashed behind them.

Neither turned.

"He prefers whiskey" she replied.

She paused. "He preferred whiskey".

Malfoy sighed and against all odds of nature Aurora felt the cold wet form of his leather glove enclose around her hand.

"He was the best of us Blossom. He was the only one... redeemable. He loved you. With every fibre of his being he adored you. Know that" he said solemly.