chapter 25

Evan and Tom were in the dining room discussing matters from the previous meeting. The room was quiet except for their hushed tones and ticking of the grandfather clock behind them.

The silence was soon broke when Evan raised his eyebrows when he heard furious stomping of high heels coming down the stairs beside them, he could basically feel the anger radiating through the floorboards with every step and he gulped.

Tom stopped talking as the footsteps came nearer till the door burst open. Aurora stood in the doorway her face cold and hard, not an emotion showed through her facade.

The only thing giving away her anger was the excruciating flames a rage burning into Tom and Evan's faces.

"Do you want me to stay or.." "stay" Tom told Evan his voice ever so slightl on edge."she'll be nice if you stay" he whispered as Aurora edged closer.

"Evan!" She greeted a dramatic smile in her face as she raised her arms in a overly friendly manner that made both Evan and Tom on edge. Her smile did not match the swirling pure wrath in her eyes as she approached.

"U-uh hi Aurora" Evan gulped as she stood before them her smile rather unsettling.

"Do you like me ring?" She asked flashing  it grandly in his face her jaw clenching but her smile didnt falter. Tom thought she looked rather psychotic as that nervousness churned in the bottom of his stomach.

"Um- um yes! Y-yes yes its um.. it's very pretty" Evan stuttered smiling nervously at her as he looked at the ring distantly as if he was on the verge of sprinting out the door from fear.

Aurora hummed a little letting out a spiteful chuckle as she turned her hand around to look at the black jewel percjed on her hand raising an eyebrow at it.

Her eyes seemed to flick with rage when she glanced upon it. She still hadnt looked at Tom.

"Hm really?" She inquired. "Would you still think it's pretty if you knew it was a horcrux?" She asked sweetly. Tom's blood ran cold.

"I uh- I- i dont know maybe i uh-" "Maybe you should as Tom" Aurora snapped her piercing glare landing on him and Evan sighed a little as her stare was no longer on him.

When her eyes clicked with Tom's he was rather shock at the wave of pure anger and magic that washed over him as she glared.

It was like her stare alone had enough power to fuel a small army, that it could burn down sky scrapers, make the world crumble at the dainty tips of her heels.

It was rather terrifying her stare.

It was known in their Hogwarts to make even the bravest cower including several gryffindors she was close with.

Tom had always noticed how they always seemed to hide behind one enough if they where in trouble with her. Always pushing the tallest lankiest boy with long scars across his face to the front. Tom guessed he was her favorite. 

Tom pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes a frustrated sigh leaving his lips.  "one job Evan. You had just one job to hide that bloody page" he spat taking his hand off of his face glaring down at the man beside him who didnt even seem slightly scared by him as his frantic eyes where glued to Aurora. Like she was a wild lion that was going to pounce and gobble him up in a flash if he looked away for even a second.

"Don't blame this on Evan!" Aurora growled. "This is about your sick fucking mind Tom!" "Okay-okay Aurora ju-" "no no don't you fucking start with me Tom. You turned the ring into a Horcrux then fucking ATTACHED it to me like a fucking leash to a dog!" Aurora yelled shoving Tom by the chest.