Chapter 53

Tom touched the fading bruises on her neck over top of the white scars left there by the siren that seemed so long ago.

It was morning now, and Tom had spent the rest of the night well.... doing alot of things.

He cleaned.

So the room looked no longer like a bomb site but just as it had before hand with the help of magic.

Then he healed Auroras bruises on her fainted form checking anxiously to make sure the baby was alright.

They where, their little heartbeat still came through on his wand.

But before that... he panicked.

When Aurora dropped in his arms it was like everything came crashing down with her.

He collapsed with her holding into her tightly. He called her name, over and over but she wouldnt respond.

The panic washed over him like a wave, drowning him, knocking the oxygen from his lungs. He held onto her face shouting her name at her but she wouldnt wake.

It wasnt until he'd realized she had only fainted from the lack of oxygen he stopped crying.

He could feel her heartbeat faint under his cold fingertips on her pulse.

She was lying in the bed, Tom by her side one hand on her neck the other on her stomach.

She looked peaceful, young and sweet and the pain had fled from her features.

Tom stared over her. He had refused to sleep that night. He only watched her intentally and kept reminding himself she was only asleep.

She was alright. She would be alright. They where both alright.

His cheeks where still slightly damp from earlier, flushed red. His fingers left her neck dragging across her cheek soflty his hand rubbing over the small bump of her stomach as the illusion charm had worn off.

He leant over her kissing her fore head soflty, his head leant against the side of hers.

He screwed his eyes shut as a small shudder escaped his lips and a shameful tear shed from his eyes landing on her cheek.

"Im so sorry" he whispered pathetically into her ear. "I'm selfish, I know that...im- I'm sorry for what I've done to you...I'm so sorry" he whimpered piteously.

He felt disgusting. He felt exactly like he had in 6th year when this happened. Self loathing.

His hand in her stomach moved to her hand holding onto it like it was his last grasp at life.

It felt like a stab to his heart by the sharpest dagger when he didnt feel her hold his back.

"I-... I know you love me...i-i dont deserve you...you're the only fucking good thing in this world and I've...I fucking broke you" he whisper shows head bowed over her, his tear hit the dark ring on her finger.

"I just...j-just wish you could be happy...I wish I c-could make you happy" Tom was torn.

He was never a man of self doubt.
It was his way or no way and it had been for so long.

But sometimes.... when he let Auroras words sink in a little too deep. They dug holes into his plans.

What if it was really all for nothing? What if it really was due to some sort of mental illness blocking him from seeing the darkness in his views?

And for those few moments he few like dirt. Like he wanted to rip the skin from his body and let himself bleed out just to clean the world of one less evil man. Of one less scum.