Chapter 15

Dani was surprised to find herself feeling refreshed the next day. She had been afraid bringing it all up would have sent her back into a depression, but instead, talking about things had helped. She wasn't sure if it was because Rocco had been through a loss with his parents, or maybe it was the way he listened with an open mind and didn't try and offer unwanted advice.

She could tell Rocco was worried. He seemed to be tip-toeing around her at breakfast. He was quieter than usual, and he looked tired. She stopped him before he took Gavin upstairs to get him dressed.

"Rocco, you, okay?" She asked quietly; Gavin was busy chatting with Kiki and not paying attention.

He looked at her like she was crazy, "Me? Are you? Reliving that trauma had to be so hard."

"I am; it felt kind of freeing to let it all out," she assured him.

"Really, Dani?"

"Really," she offered a reassuring smile, and he relaxed. "Go get ready. I'll get the dishes."

"Thanks." He turned to Gavin, "Let's get you dressed, bud."

It didn't take long to do the dishes, but Gavin had caused quite a mess with the peanut butter when he was helping.

"I want to go with Daddy!" She heard Gavin's voice as the boys headed back downstairs. Rocco must have told him he would need to leave for a while.

"Not this time, buddy. I'll be back in a few hours, and we're going to see a movie, remember?" Rocco said in that calming voice of his.

"But Daddy..." Gavin whined.

"Auntie Dani will be here. She'll be more fun than me and my boring errands." Rocco cut him off.

"Hey, Gavi," she took that cue and walked into the living room, "wow, look at that cool shirt!"

Gavin was wearing a black tee shirt with a tiger printed across it and a pair of cargo shorts. Rocco had combed his wet wavy hair to the side, but it was quickly starting to fall over his eyes again.

"Yeah, it's a tiger!" Gavin looked down at his shirt proudly. Rocco winked a thank you at her and grabbed his shoes while Gavin was distracted.

She gulped when she noticed Rocco had also changed into cargo shorts. She was quick to peel her eyes away, but she wasn't going to be getting those perfectly shaped calves of his out of her mind anytime soon.

Damn summer, she thought with a shake of the head.

She glanced out the window to see the sun shining brightly outside. It was probably going to be hot today. She would need to go shopping soon; she only had a few pairs of jean shorts and hadn't even bought a new swimsuit yet. She had thumbed through Alyssa's closet a little, but most of the clothes were just too far out of her comfort zone, too flashy, too skimpy and with Dani being curvier then Alyssa, they'd fit tight at that.

" I'll be back later." Rocco slipped out the door quickly; Gavin didn't notice until it closed.

Gavin frowned then and ran towards the door, "Daddy!"

"Hold on, Tiger," Dani caught up to him and knelt to his level. "If you leave, you'll miss the dance party."

"Dance party?" He quizzed her.

"Yup," Dani stood up and walked over to the stereo; she turned it on and started flipping through the stations while Gavin watched her curiously. She stopped when Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA; came blaring through the speakers.

"If this doesn't fit," she muttered before turning it up and smiling at Gavin.

"Ready? Dance party!" She exclaimed and started dancing to the music; the little
boy laughed loudly and stared at her with wide but amused eyes.