Part 17) Two Weeks, Part 2

My eyes fluttered open, and the light felt like it was piercing the back of my skull. "Ah," I moaned, but the sound from my own voice was enough to hurt my head more, if that was somehow possible.

"Hey," Steve whispered behind me, it still hurt.

"Too loud," I groaned and rolled away from him. Oh my gosh, my head hurts, every cell in my body hurts. I couldn't remember the last time I had been hung over, gosh, this sucked.

"Advil," Steve dropped some pills into my hand.

"I'm," I started to roll over, "I'm going to throw up," I warned him a second before I did. I had barely opened my eyes to see the tile floor before I vomited stomach acid onto the floor.

"Easy," Steve was still behind me, attempting to support me in this awkward position.

When I finished heaving, I rolled back into him, everything else be damned. He started to move behind me, "Steve, stop moving," I grumbled.

"I'm going to clean up," he was gone from behind me then, and I heard him grabbing the cleaning supplies. A bottle, or something, dropped on the floor. The sound was louder than a bomb going off next to me, it rattled my whole skull. "Sorry," he quietly apologized about the sound before I complained.

"I'm sorry," I apologized for the vomit, but didn't bother trying to make out the words he spoke back. I rolled over so that I was in the spot he had just left, it was still warm and I nuzzled back down into that.

I heard the cleaning sounds and was almost back to sleep when he spoke again, "Nat, pills." I didn't move beyond reaching a hand behind me and he placed a handful of pills in it. I didn't question nor look at them as I popped them all into my mouth, and then found a water bottle being placed in my now free hand. I somehow managed not to choke as I took a sip and struggled to swallow the pills down. I was asleep again before I could think too many more thoughts beyond how badly my head hurt.

I woke up again in the same spot, feeling considerably better but still not wonderful. I also noticed a few more blankets on me than when I had fallen asleep, Steve must have covered me up. He wasn't next to me, so I opened my eyes up and finally looked around the room. There was a note on the countertop, but it felt like too much work to go check at the moment, so I lounged on the floor a bit longer until I felt like I could get up.

Standing was a mistake, I immediately felt the hypotension and was pretty sure I was about to go back down, I threw myself at the counter and braced before I completely hit the ground. It took several seconds to get my eyes to work, they were open but I was still just seeing black at that point. When that cleared, I grabbed the note and read it,

Hey Nat,

I went to the library on level fifty four, I'll stay here so you can find me. You can have more Advil if you're reading this after 11:00am, if not, please don't. Grab some orange juice or gatorade, something to hydrate yourself, and then come find me.

I love you,

Steve

I laughed a bit at the formality of the note. I could have recognized his handwriting anywhere and given that we were the only two people in the tour for the next two weeks, I laughed more that he thought he needed to sign it. I found some water and Advil laid out, it was close enough to ten thirty that I figured I could take the drugs, so I gulped those down, brushed my teeth, and then went to my room.

I entered and quickly changed into a workout outfit and grabbed a few things to go do a quick workout. I hated to admit it, but I was already feeling guilty about the calories from the vodka and food last night. I wanted to workout to clear that and clear my head.