Part 3) Emotions, Gross

Hi, note from the author here! I just want to say that this is the first time I am writing a book in the order I want to, if that makes sense? I'm writing each chapter as I feel the inspiration to write it rather than writing the story in order (and this is very new for me). I feel like my writing is better because I actually want to write what I am writing, but I do think this will lead to a lot more continuity errors, sorry!! I hope that is okay? Please let me know if you notice any, because I clearly didn't if I hit publish. I just really like this style of writing, I feel a lot more passion and less force, but just let me know what you think! Thank you guys, and thank you for reading the story in general, it means a lot to me! Love you <3 <3 <3!!

 Natasha and I had just returned to the tower, her driving was a bit more in control on the return trip, but we stayed a healthy twenty miles an hour above the speed limit nearly the whole trip. We were trying hard to keep our hands off of each other, having to end our kiss quickly in the parking lot given the fear we had of people finding out, especially now since if any word got to Bruce, the damage could be catastrophic. That being said, it was incredibly hard given that we had just confessed the fact that we both loved each other.

We were walking up the stairs and going to Natasha's preferred lounge. There were several throughout the tower, but Natasha liked the one on the nighty first floor, it had one of the best views and a bar stocked with Natasha's favorite drinks. Tony had designed at least one specific lounge for each of the Avengers, small details that made it so each of us felt at home. Natasha's lounge had only one entry point, an incredibly large bookcase (it was more of a library than a lounge), weapons hidden all around the room, and somehow the couches were cozier than any others in the tower.

"So," I could tell by her tone she wasn't going to continue our previous conversation and it would be a rather serious conversation. "Now I just have to text Bruce and set up a date," I could tell she was already filled with dread.

I felt horrible that she was the one who had to go through this, I would take her place if I could. "If you want, I could come crashing in during the middle of it and say there was a terrible accident."

A smile crept across her face as she pictured it, "as much as I would absolutely love to, I'm nervous with how touchy he was earlier today. He was flaring green at the thought of me saying no, he was so close to the edge I don't want to play with fire."

"Natasha, you are the number one person who I would guess to play with fire," I poked her in the shoulder as I walked behind her. She batted my hand away as she sunk into the couch with a sigh, "but I would agree, we should tread lightly with him." She would always take risks, especially with her own safety, so I was glad she was seeing sense on this one, even if it wasn't out of self preservation. I would take what I could get.

"I'll just get it over with before we go on our mission and use our time on the beach to recover," she winked at me while I started the coffee maker. The bar was also a coffee bar, thank goodness, another reason I was more than happy to hang out here.

She grabbed her phone and started to text, narrating what she typed out loud, "Hey Bruce... would tomorrow night around 19:00 work for you?"

"He gets so bothered when we text in military time," I laughed.

"I know, that's why I did it," she smirked, hitting send. Natasha took lots of satisfaction in driving people insane over small details. For some reason, it made me love her more.

Nat P.O.V.

"So, what made you pick the Caribbean?" Steve asked, sitting on the recliner with his legs propped up. He had decided to join me in the lounge and the two of us were alone right now. Three of the other Avengers were around the tower (and Stark had security cameras in every room, not that he spied on us, but the risk was there), so we couldn't be too careful. I so badly wanted to be cuddling in his arms right now and I could tell that the feeling was mutual, but there would be ample time for that on our mission.