Part 8) Stitches, Then Sex

If you can't tell by the title, we're going to get a little adult here

He reached the shallows before I did and sat to take his fins off, and I stopped short and faced him. I spat my respirator out, "you okay?"

I could see his tension slowly leaving, he always kept his stress in his shoulders and they were slowly relaxing. "Ya," his answer was clipped, I felt bad.

"I'm sorry about all the sharks, I honestly didn't think there would be so many," I shrugged, my body was laying out behind me and all my weight was on my arms while letting the water flow move me around a bit.

"Nat, you aren't in control of shark populations, you have no reason to apologize," he smiled. He twisted behind him and threw the fins to the shore, and then shrugged off the respirator and did the same with that. I slipped my fins off and handed them to him, then my respirator, and he threw all of my gear to the shore as well.

By this point the sky was fully dark and the moon was the only thing casting light onto the water. Steve stood up and offered me a hand, but I didn't move. "Are you okay if I just stay here for a bit?"

"Of course," he smiled, "but I'm going to watch from the shore, I've had enough water for one day."

"Sounds good," I smiled and watched as he trudged up to the shore, stopping when he was clear of the water and sitting back down to keep an eye on me. I shook my hair out of its braid and rolled onto my back, closing my eyes and letting the water sway me whichever way it pleased. It felt so damned good to not control anything for a moment, I felt my chest rise and fall as I inhaled and exhaled. I eventually opened my eyes to watch the stars, being so far from any light and the city made them so beautifully visible, it just felt so peaceful, I could stay here forever.

"Nat," I heard Steve through the coms, and I honestly forgot that I had the stupid piece in my ear. Of course it was working now when the mission was over.

"Hmm," I hummed back into it, not lifting my head or moving more than I needed to.

"You're drifting too far, come back," he sounded worried. While I hated parting with my peaceful moment, I knew it was causing him distress, so I flipped over and noticed I had indeed drifted far. I was honestly surprised he had let me get so far out. I swam freestyle back to the shore, and when it was about two feet deep, I started to walk.

"Sorry about that," I smiled softly as I got close to him, taking a seat where the small waves would still hit me. The air was so much colder than the water.

"Sorry I ended your moment, you looked relaxed. It was just a bit too far for my comfort," he rubbed the back of his neck.

I was tempted to summon the quinjet to our location, but paused. "Hey Steve," I asked more than I stated.

"Ya?" He looked up with curiosity at the change in my tone.

"Do you remember what you promised me before the mission?"

It took him a moment, but I saw the exact second he realized. "Nat, you're cold, we can do it later," he corrected, but I could tell his heart wasn't in it.

I closed the small distance between us and straddled him, "I thought Captain America never lied?" I challenged with a smirk.

I saw the devious answer form on his face and seconds later felt the answer underneath me. "You sure?"

I didn't verbally answer as I grabbed his head and pulled him in for a kiss. It was hot and passionate, enough that being cold was only a second thought for me. I couldn't help it as one of my hands snaked down his back, clawing and pulling him desperately to me.