“But you proved our fears worthless. I look at George and I can see the happiness blooming within, burning brighter.” She glanced at Emma briefly, then gasped. “Oh God, you're on a vacation. I'm going to turn this with my sappy conversation into a sappation.”

Emma couldn't help but chuckle at that, but a pang of guilt assailed her chest as she remembered the estranged relationship between she and George until 5 days ago, the hurt she knew she'd caused him. She didn't deserve this praise. Not when she'd let another man rattle her feelings.

Not when she was betraying him with her lies, her thoughts, her feelings.

Thankfully, Amanda continued to regale her with much more humorous stories for the rest of the time the enchilada took to bake. “Hey, help me bring the the food to the table?”

“Says Madam I-need-no-help.” Taunting, Emma reached for two plates of the delicious enchiladas - she'd stolen a taste when Amanda hadn't been looking.

Yeah, bad manners.

Winking, Amanda retorted, “Technically, I needed no help with the cooking. But a helping hand while carrying the dishes is always welcome. It helps to avoid several trips to and fro.

“Hey, why you ladies took so long? We're starving.” Gustavo grouched as he saw them emerge from the focal point.

“Don't tell me your long talk wasn't enough to sate your hunger for a while?” Rolling her eyes, Amanda made for the table.

Amy, who sat on George's laps, held his hand to draw his attention. “Keep singin' daddy.”

That made Emma and Amanda raise their brows, watching as Gustavo and George cleared their throats and begun singing a particular song in Spanish.

She and Amanda burst out chuckling at the same time. George had a good voice - not a stunning one. But Gustavo... goodness.

Dinner was a pleasant affair. Barely anytime into it, Gustavo, ever the talkative one, opened his mouth to speak, then closed it when he met his wife's glare. “What?”

“Gustavo Ponce! I know you lack manners at the table, but we have guests, okay?”

“It's no big deal actually.” Emma assured. “We don't observe that particular table manners at home much either.”

“And will you guys stop referring to us as guests?” George jumped in. “It makes it feel as if we only met yesterday.”

Gustavo cocked his head after swallowing the food in his mouth. “You know there's this night club here. It's called 'The Devil's Inn.' Because of the jazz fest, they're having these performances tonight. Believe me you guys don't want to miss it”

“Really now. And what's so special about that?” George asked, his interest already peaked obviously.

“Ugh, telling you will be like giving spoilers, which I won't.” Then he leaned forward, keeping his voice deliberately low. “What I can tell you, is that you'll certainly be going on an adventure of horniness.”

“Gustavo!” Slapping Gustavo on the arm, Amanda gestured at Amy who sat beside her, struggling with her cutlery. The little girl looked up suddenly, blinking as she found 3 pairs of eyes looking at her.

“What?” Gustavo demanded frustratedly. “It's not like she understands the word.” Rolling his eyes, he glanced at her and George. “As I was saying, you're gonna return so horny you would need the room all to yourself.”

A chill of sensation run across her nerve endings. Because this place was new, they'd slept the night before with Amy wedged between them instead of letting her occupy the other room.