[IX] {Grantebridgescire Arc} Traitor Uncovered

[Grantebridgescire, Mercia]{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

Riding through the lands of Grantebridgescire, Vernal and I, on K'waiil, we were making our way towards Galinn's location where we're to meet with him and his group, speak with him, and raid with him while trying to see if Galinn is truly the traitor to Soma. Of course, we had to ride through, literally from some bandits hiding away in ambush. Once moving passed them, Vernal and I came across Galinn and his group as we overheard them talking.

Norse Warrior: After all that has happened... what if Soma is just cursed with bad luck?

Galinn: Soma has only ever pleased the gods. Deserting her now, breaking your oath, that is what will bring us ill luck.

Once the small talk died down, Vernal and I dismounted K'waiil, and made our way over to Galinn, who seemed to have noticed us coming.

Galinn: Ah, (Y/N), and Vernal. I'm honored you have joined us.

(Y/N): We arrived as we can... [looks to settlement] What's your plan here?

Galinn: [stands] All the shire supports Soma ruling the city. These hamlets do not. They're feeding and outfitting Wigmund's army. So we will burn their homes, quick and devastating, like the thunderclaps of Thor.

Vernal: I get it. This will leave a message to the other hamlets supporting Wigmund.

Galinn: Precisely.

(Y/N): Galinn, before we begin, I am curious... Soma's clan... How did you come to join?

Galinn: A vision from a volva set me on this path. It pricked my mind like a splinter, then faded. But I wanted more. For months, years, I ate only henbane, mushrooms, sacred plants, hoping to see something new.

(Y/N): He became high and delusional... for a vision? I know very well visions are strong and powerful, but this... this was near madness...