[Prologue] The Beginning of a Legend

Silence, you children of gods...
And heed my tale of time's beginning.

All was dark.
There was no sand, there was no sea.
No earth nor sky, no grass, nor wind.

'Til fire met ice in the gasping void.

And from this scream came the giant Ymir, first of all beings...
Proud Ymir, cruelly killed...
Yet from whose bones and blood and brains the world was made...

...The world you walk and war upon...

[Rose/Xiao Long Household, Island of Patch]
{(Y/N) Rose, Age 9, POV}

Another day, another beating... Why must this happen to me? For those who must know, my name... is (Y/N) Rose, age 9. Now don't let the name fool you, I wasn't born a "Rose," but adopted into the family. You see, on the planet of Remnant, everyone has an Aura which leads to having a Semblance, right? But, I have neither. I was born without an Aura, which meant I couldn't get a Semblance, which sucks. Except for the fact, I tend to be more resilient to most pain. This caused me to receive a lot of bullying, neglect, abuse, and so on and so forth. At first, I was in an orphanage because my parents, my "birth" parents, were never around, and when I say that I mean... I have no idea what happened to them. As far as I know, they were killed by Grimm or bandits. Having no Aura or Semblance, I wasn't really the one to get picked to be adopted until... "they" came. At first, I was happy, like any normal orphan. Everything was fine for the first couple years when I was adopted at the age of 7, but things started to get... bad. At first, I thought it was nothing, but things started to get worse when the abuse started. Taiyang Xiao Long, my "adopted father," would always be the one with the first punch or kick. Summer Rose, my "adopted mother," would always slap me, neglect me, or kick me. Qrow Branwen, the drunk "uncle," wouldn't pay me any attention, and when he did, he'd throw an empty bottle of alcohol at me. Now my adopted sisters... Yang Xiao Long, age 7, Tai's daughter, took after her father some time into the abuse and would always punch me or come up with an excuse to cause me more pain. The other adopted sister, Ruby Rose, age 5, wasn't like the others. She would be the one to sneak me food when no one was watching, or help patch my wounds, or just be in my company. I was thankful to have her be the light in my darkness. Now, I was in the "room," which was merely an empty mattress with a pillow and a sad excuse for a blanket until...

Tai: HEY, DIPSHIT! GET DOWN HERE, RIGHT NOW!

(Y/N): Great... I wonder what the bastard wants now.

Getting up from my "bed," I left my "room" and walked downstairs and seen Tai with some broken plates on the ground. I was about to question until Tai punched me in the face, and I thought I felt my nose break. I fall onto the ground while looking at him.

Tai: [pissed] Did you break these plates, dipshit?!

I was confused until I looked at Yang, who was snickering at me.

(Y/N): Figured she did this to get me into trouble... again... [looks at Tai] N-No... I did no--

Once again, Tai punched me in the face and I was certain my nose was broken, again.

Tai: DON'T LIE TO ME! WHY DID WE EVER ADOPT SUCH A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A CHILD?!

Tai continued to punch and kick me, until he grabbed me by the throat and dragged me back to my "room" and threw me in.

Tai: Now, stay there! [goes to leave, stops] AND NO FOOD OR WATER FOR A WEEK!

Tai slams the door, and I slowly made my way onto the mattress. I hardly cried, not because of the pain, I just grew tired of crying. The pain... The abuse... It's all I've ever known in my life. All because I had no Aura or Semblance. I felt some liquid on my face only to find out, it was blood from an open wound that bastard opened again. I sighed until I saw the door open to find my other adopted, but friendly, sister, Ruby Rose, come into my "room" with a med kit and Zwei came into the "room" as well and laid near my feet.