Three - Dance

ZEE POV

as i drove my way to my starting spot, i meet up with my right hand man, marcus. he loves to title himself as my beta and he always patronize me by calling me alpha. stupid mutt. 

"good evening, alpha. how... wait a minute..." the stupid bastards sniffing me.

"what?" i asked him annoyed.

he last sniffed me by my chest and said, "whats that scent? youve been sleeping around? finally!" he yelled and punching the air in exageration.

i smacked his head hard. hard enough to make him buckle on his knees and grasp dirt with his hands. 

"the hell!" he retorted as he gathered himself and pulling himself up.

"none of your business, marcus." i hate it when people pry with my life.

"fine... fine... but really... did you?" hes scratching his injured head. hes an alpha too for heaven sake but hes of slim build and maybe a quarter shorter than me. hes stupid but hes agile and trustworthy. hes the only one in this town i would tolerate and i dont know why would i let him do that.

"no. i... i... met my mate." i mumbled the last part hoping hell let it go but hell, he did not!

"w-wha-what! mate! are you sure?"

"whatever! hows the rounds?" i tried to push him out of the topic but i guess for him me finding my mate was a huge news for him.

"forget the rounds. alpha! you found your mate! is it a she?" i still walked  continuously. "is it a he?" i glared at him.

"its a he! oh my goddess! are you even gay? is he cute? handsome? a beta? alpha? omega?"

"shut your trap or youll be swimming with the alligators in the swamp!" i looked down at him. i felt my eyes itch and by then i knew my eyes glowed in annoyance of him. 

"okay, okay. chill... chill man! the rounds are good. nothing out of ordinary." he said finally.

i threaded an unpaved path going around sniffing the air and looking for anything unusual. nothing out of place. seeing that im done on this joint, i recalled my way back to my car following by this still mumbling idiot.

"just a fair warning. stop prying into my life and do your tasks. call for me if anythings wrong." i then ducked to my car going to another joint.

this is pretty much my route every evening and an occasional on call from the elders to smoothen out arguments. why cant they just elect an alpha to do this kind of thing? im just a lowly enforcer being forced to live another day under their mercy.

------------->>>>>

NEW POV

i cant sleep.

ive been awake the whole night after that fateful encounter with my mate in the pub. he did texted me that he arrived home by around three thirty but he didnt replied to anything i texted after. maybe hes just tired? maybe hes too preoccupied? 

does he care about me?

now what am i thinking? we just met. the person lost someone so dear to him. even though i felt a sting in my heart that my mate didnt wait for me and went to build his own family, what can i do? we aged too far apart. 

nevertheless, we met. thats what matters. i cheered myself.

not.

im so sleepy im like a walking zombie. i didnt even recalled how i managed to be in school.

im walking through the hallway and peering to my new schedule when i stumbled into a person maybe foot shorter than me.

he cant be considered a little since he reached maybe five feet. he shuffled to my side grabbing my arm and hiding behind me. i looked ahead at what he was seeing and saw three people approaching us. the centered one seems to be agitated.