Ten - Life

THIRD POV

zee got off from his car when he reached the far north boundary of the territory. bouncing from his left came his friend marcus in his wolf form.

the night when new was attacked by his boss, he was here patrolling the area upon the sudden request from the elders. it was out of the blue but they said it was an emergency. he came and saw tracks of unfamiliar scent. mostly are humans but laced with a scent of a wolf. rouge maybe but why is it with the humans and out of all places in an obscured part of the woods. he was about to investigate further when a nagging pull from his wolf made him shift his direction and drive towards the town. he knew it was his mate. he knew his mate needed him. he can feel his distress and worry. damn the elders, his mate matters more. so he came and so glad he did just in time. he checked his mate up for any signs of harm. he cant smell any blood on him, much to his relief and it made him proud that he had protected himself until he came for him. he made a quick sashimi of that assuming turd, not wanting to have his mate out in the open for long unprotected.

what concerns zee more was news behavior. Hes been eating alright but every now and then he caught him barfing his gut out in the bathroom. They assumed that its just a bug or even just an issue about food but they ate the same thing and they got no allergy on any food. zee have my hunch since its like this with his deceased wife before with their son but he wont jump into it without new knowing it first and see his reaction about it. zee wants a life with him but its up to him to decide. zees already at the age that wanted to have a complete life and settle down but new is just starting his adult life. He doesnt want to hinder any of his aspirations in life. All that he just wanted was to be a part of his plans in the future. He just hopes that new knows how he will be so happy if he plans to keep it.

Zee was still muddled in his thoughts but marcus was never having it. He jumped right before his friend and huffs loudly.

Big mistake.

Zee by instinct and impulse reached out and grasped his friend by the neck and squeezed tight. Marcus is still at mid air when he was caught. He spent another 30 more seconds on his grip wriggling himself free. Zee looked up to him and with a glint of his red eyes, he let go of him on heaps on the floor.

"what do you think youre doing pulling that stunt on me?" zee said pulling out a pink floral pair of shorts behind a tree and gave it to his friend who is already at the last stage of his shifting to become human again.

"didn't think..." he gasped for air as he reached for the shorts and wear it with a disgusted look on his face. "didn't think that youll react like that, alpha. You almost killed me." Marcus sat down on his heels as he sulk at his supposed to be best friend.

"Im not born yesterday, marcus. Ive been through so many battles mainly with rogues and as well as myself. I know the smell of an attack in the air if ive ever been in one. My bodys reaction is automatic. Do it again, ill let my wolf play with you and youre so not going to like it." Zee grinned at him making the beta wolf cringe as he remembered what he did to the bank manager a little while ago. Hes one of the clean-up personnel. He doesn't like the job but it pays. That's all that mattered to him.

"whatever." Marcus grumbled at his feet.

"report." Zee commanded and the other cleared his throat to start his findings.

"a rogue come and go from a particular path. Humans with his scent came to. But when they reached the clearing near town, their scents gone. I tried to follow their path once as far as my nose could track them but it was always at the same direction."

"where?" zee said curtly. This is alarming. A rogue came and it freely interacted with people here in town. His wolf is not happy with that. With the lack of sentinels in this town, that's no brainer. The elders became too lenient and his wolf being an alpha and seeking authority over its territory is beginning to nag him to overthrow them from their pedestal.