-CHAPTER 1-

FELIX

"But why do I have to go too? I'm an adult!" I whined for the billionth time.

My family has decided to move to the countryside. The countryside is full of rich people and there is a bunch of mansions there. 

"Stop whining! I have told you so many times Felix. You need to go marry a rich girl and settle down." said my mom for the billionth time this week. I sighed. 

My parents had this big idea that if I go move with them, I'll suddenly meet a girl there and get married. As if I couldn't do the same thing here. I want to study here. But instead, I'm going to be privately tutored at home. I once again let out a soft sigh. My dreams of going to this amazing college were crushed.

"Now, continue packing!" scolded my mom. She left my room. I resumed my packing. The trip is going to be tomorrow morning, meaning I would have to wake up early. I groaned thinking of being forced up for a trip I don't even want to go on.

____________________

My alarm clock went off. The sound was sharp and loud, making me jolt up. I looked out the window. The sun wasn't up yet, the sky was pink and blue with a little bit of orange mixed in.  A few lazy rays of sunlight went through the window. 

I got up and changed out of my pyjamas. I heard shuffling around downstairs, which was most likely the servants or my family getting ready. I have two sisters, Rachel who is older than me and Olivia who is younger. 

When I finished getting ready, I went downstairs. "Good morning," said my mom. She was sitting at the breakfast table, looking at her phone. Rachel was also sitting down. She looked up at me. "Morning..." she said briefly. "Morning!" I said back and sat down next to Rachel.

Our private cook served the breakfast which consisted of eggs, fried bacon, mini pancakes, toast with jam or butter to choose from, and lastly some orange juice and dark coffee. I looked at the coffee is slight distaste and took a glass of orange juice. 

A few minutes later, my dad came down the stairs, all dressed in black. We said our good mornings and we continued our breakfast.

After we ate, we had to leave. I looked around the house one last time and grabbed my coat to head outside. "Are we ready?" my mom asked. The servants were putting the suitcases in the trunk so I went to help them. Once we were finished I went into the car, which is a black SUV. 

I went on my phone as the car exited out of the lot of our mansion. I looked up from my phone just in time to see one last glimpse of our mansion. 

____________________

The city landscape slowly turned greener and greener, with fewer and fewer buildings. We entered a community with lots of big mansions. I knew we were getting closer to our destination. 

I was right. A few minutes later we stopped in front of a spacious mansion. It was very beautiful and had lots of land. I looked at it in awe. It was even bigger than the mansion back home. 

I went out of the car and entered the mansion.

HYUNJIN

I looked out of my window dreamily, letting the sunlight from the outside stream into my room. That's when I saw a big black car pull up to the mansion next to mine. I looked at it curiously. That house has been vacant for a bit less than a year, but places here sell quickly. 

The car doors opened. Six people came out. A man that I'm guessing is the driver because of his distance from the rest of the people, another man who was wearing all black, a woman, two young girls, and a boy who looked around my age.

The boy caught my eye. He looked gorgeous even from my distance. I stared at him, wondering if I should talk to him. I decided that I should try to talk to him this week. I stayed admiring his beauty until finally, he went into the mansion. My heart sank slightly. I wanted to keep on seeing him. 

I decided to go downstairs and see if my mom might know about that family. A good thing about my neighbourhood is that almost everyone knows each other. Although of course, there are some rude people here that I know to stay away from. 

I got up from my seat and went to find my mom. She was downstairs in her study. My mom is a bestselling author. I knocked at the door. "Come in," she called.

I opened the door and walked in. She was at her desk, her eyes glued to her computer. She was busy writing a book. "Do you know anything about the family that just moved in?" I asked. "Hmmmm," she said distantly. I know better than to talk to her doing her writing time. She is always distant and unfocused during that time. 

"Mom?" I pressed. She stopped writing and looked up at me. "What?" she asked. "Well, did you know there is a new family that just moved into that mansion right beside ours?" I asked again. "No, why don't you go check it out yourself later? Go ask Ji-eun to make a cake or something," she said, naming the cook. 

Her eyes went back to her computer, and her slim fingers went back to clicking at the keyboard. I knew it was time for me to leave. So I said goodbye and left.

I went to the kitchen. "Ji-eun ssi?" I asked. "Yes?" she asked politely. "Can you make some cookies for our new neighbour?" I asked. "Of course!" she said and she bowed politely. 

I went back to my room and decided to scroll on my phone.