"Go on" I say and his fingers brush against my neck sending shivers down my spine.

"Where did you learn all this?" I finally ask and he lets go of me and I suddenly regret asking him as I feel something missing from me.

"My mom is a nurse" he tells me happily before his touch appears again, this time on the lower back of my head, brushing his fingers through my hair like he was looking for something specific.

Something about people's hand in my hair just gets me every time and I feel my eyes drooping. I hear a small chuckle before he speaks up.

"You can lay down, you know" and I do so immediately with my head in his lap and my legs in a weird position.

I know I shouldn't let down my guard, I don't even know him for fuck sakes but for some reason it feels safe. I feel safe.

***

I flutter my eyes open and the first thing that comes into view is Louis' sleeping face with his head against the window and one of his arms placed over me protectively.

I slowly take his hand off and get up while rubbing my eyes, feeling better than what I felt before the much needed nap.

Louis wakes up at the state of me moving and looks at me in question. "Are you feeling alright" I nod.

"Just woke-up" he finally adjusts his eyes while aggressively blinking and looks outside the window with a yawn.

"Are we not there yet?" He questions with a yawn and the driver speaks up from the front.

"An hour, monsieur"

"Are you feeling nervous?" He asks and I look at him dumbfounded.

"The meeting, with the investor" he tells me slowly like I was a kid and I shrug.

"A little, I just want everything to go smoothly"  I admit.

Louis reaches over and places a reassuring hand on my shoulder that sends sparks flying everywhere within me. "Don't worry Ms. Hayes" I liked him calling me Maya better. "I'm here if the people will need convincing, I'm a pretty convincing guy if I say so myself" he brags a little making me raise a brow in question. "You hired me, didn't you? I'm not even good at the job" he does have a point.

"Wait, no you weren't supposed to agree with the last part. You were supposed to be like oh, Louis, you're the best bodyguard I could ever ask for. You are incredible at your job and-" A snort escapes my mouth before I glance at him and it turns into a full on laugh. God, does he really think he's good at his job.

He smiles but it fades when he realizes that me laughing was an insult to him. He rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and looking out the window.

I steal a look at him as he busies himself with the view outside. It's no doubt he is very attractive, with his chiseled features and grey eyes that had just a hint of green in them. His nose pierced perfectly to suit his features and don't get me started on his platinum blonde hair. I found myself drawn to him in ways that I didn't quite understand.

As we rode towards the hotel, I couldn't help but feel a little bit overwhelmed by the beauty of Annecy. It was nestled in the French Alps, surrounded by snow-capped mountains and shimmering blue waters. Everywhere I looked, there was something beautiful to behold.

Louis, for his part, forgot about the insult and was suddenly excited to show me around his hometown. He pointed out landmarks and places of interest as we rode towards the hotel, seeming eager to show me everything that he loved about this place.

A/N:

First of all thank you all so much for the support I've been getting on this book, it's unbelievable. Like you're telling me we're already almost at 65K READERS??? I'm beyond grateful for each and everyone of you.

Like always, don't be a stranger and leave your thoughts throughout the chapters and also constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated.

I literally cannot thank you all enough.

Omg also I NEED to know who your favorite couple is so far or like your favorite friendship/relationship is.

And I'm still looking for ship names😩 OMG AND If any of you are any good at writing blurbs or synopsis please text me I beg, I really need a better blurb cause it doesn't do the book any justice. (You can text me anywhere but most preferably on insta)

Also like I mentioned in the last chapter, I finally read the monster trilogy and oh. my. god. That's all I have to say.
This trilogy literally git me out of my months old reading slump and I finished it in 2 days and immediately went into a slump right after because I couldn't get over it.

Anyways, thats it for this week's rant, do let me know who you want to read more about in the future chapters.

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer like always Xx

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: what's a color that reminds you of your favorite person and why?<<<