Mikey looked up at April and a grin pulled at his lips. "Oh, rats! Get it?"

"For the fourteenth time, yes," Raph rasped in annoyance.

"We're coming, April! Don't go anywhere!" Donnie called over to the ginger who looked down at her own situation.

"Where could I possibly go?"

Sofia snorted a laugh before throwing a hook at the telephone pole. The turtles all followed suit.

They all swung over to the pole before making their way up towards April. The rats continued to climb up the pole around them as they climbed.

Raph huffed as he kicked a rat off the pole. "These stupid rats are starting to get on my nerves."

"Rats aren't stupid. Despite their small brain size, they're remarkably- Ow!"

Raph help up another rat after having launched one at his brother. "I warned you."

"Raph, put down the rat and keep climbing," Leo scolded.

"Hurry!" April squeaked out from the top.

"Uh, guys!" Sofia warned after looking down to see that the rats had nearly chewed through the wood of the pole.

The wood began to give out and the pole tilted, making April lose her grip.

Donnie immediately swung out and grabbed April from her fall, landing back on the pole with the girl in his grasp." Gotcha! As long as Donnie's here, you have nothing to- Oh, boy."

The pole fell to the side, making the group cry out. The wires caught and the pole stayed hovering off the ground.

"Oh, okay. I appreciate you guys coming to help, but how is this better than getting eaten by rats?" April questioned as she clung to the pole for dear life.

"At least it'll be quick. With rats, they chew and chew and chew and chew and chew-" Mikey went on.

"Okay, we get it," April grumbled.

"Let's move," Donnie said as he stood on the pole, running towards the end with his brothers and the two girls.

The wires weren't able to hold the weight if the six, snapping back which made the pole launch them over onto a nearby roof.

Leo stood with a grin. "Chew on that, rat finks!"

Everyone just stared at him.

"Oh, come on. That sounded cool," Leo mumbled which made Sofia stifle a laugh.

"Does anyone know what the heck is going on?" April spoke up.

Donnie hummed as he held a finger to his chin. "I'm not sure. But whatever it is, this attack is extremely well coordinated. Obviously, there is a higher intelligence at work here."

"Well, that rules out Mikey," Raph teased.

"I'm serious. Someone or something is controlling every rat in the city," Donnie said as he looked at his red clad brother.

"Wait a sec. Every rat?" Raph questioned, his eyes widening.

Leo grasped ehat Raph meant. "That means that Splinter could be-"

🍕

"Is he okay?" Sofia asked as they all looked over Splinter who was laying on a tatami mat, completely unconscious.

"Donnie, you're the smart one. What do we do?" Raph spoke up.

Donatello hummed while he looked over his father. "Maybe we should poke him."