Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The clouds had turned on them, the promise of a clear sky and warm sunrise washed away the moment they stepped foot out of the Valley. The woman he carried did not mind the jumpy journey toward the camp, Tobirama took her straight towards his clan's camp. He took no chances with the aggressive nature showed by the Uchiha. He was surprised to see his brother both bothered and silently enraged towards his old friend.

The only exchange he and his brother had was about the condition of the small woman in his arms. Hashirama was concerned about her sudden loss of consciousness and the fact that she was chained to the ground like some prisoner.

Apparently the Uchiha saw her as a threat... that was yet to be proven.

Not that the Senju did not think she could pose a threat, but unconscious and, by Hashirama's opinion, a scared victim of the infamous Valley of the Lost. His older brother has a natural radar for good people and honesty - one that malfunctioned with the Uchiha for some reason.

His tent seemed to be the best tent for the woman, no Uchiha would be able to enter if he had eyes on her. Once she would eventually recover from her sleeping state, the interrogation will commence.

Tobirama was certain he would want to witness it, for now he would be content with the anger he has caused to the Uchiha, especially the leader of the current platoon of men in blue clan uniforms who seemed curious about a particular pink haired woman he carries to his tent.

- "Dam Uchiha's" - he muttered to himself.

As he entered the threshold to his tent, the idea to keep her in the small, confined space started to look less appealing... her sudden movements brought his attention back to her, she was still asleep but seemed deep into an unpleasant dream. Small whimpers and sharp intakes of breath alerted him.

As a Senju, he was well knowing in the arts of "Do not panic and get a medic". Her body started to heat up and cold sweat with shivers spread through her smaller frame.

Her whimpers turned to pained moans when he laid her on the small bed and called for his brother. There was no way he was leaving her alone in the tent, out of his sight.

- "She was fine until a few moments ago." -

- "I got this, go get some fresh water and Yuna." - Hashirama's soft tone was all he needed to know, even with the unknown origins of the woman and the unsuccessful nature of the mission. There was nothing to worry about. - "Her body has been weakened by those shackles." - the tanned man hovered his hand over the pinkets body and stopped on her chest. A soft green glimmer trailing from his fingertips to her exposed skin. - "She will recover." -

With that, Tobirama rushed to get the Senju woman and fresh water.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night came with stormy clouds and heavy rain, covering everything and anything it could. Not even the small fires could warm his bed before he had to curl up and close his eyes, with the noisy weather and threat of water sneaking into his tent, Hashirama was not going to have a good night's sleep.

Not before he had a talk with his old friend. Good thing he placed his tent right next to his!

His anger had boiled down after tending to the pinket until her fever died down, he was concerned about the sudden change in her condition when they left the Valley of the Lost. He could feel her energy, though small, flicker in a way he could not understand.

There is a small flame in all of us, for most its but a mere sparkle of light, for others it's a never-ending flame that grows in intensity and strength. But it can die down.