Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Taking the fast route is the norm when you are summoned, only time to eat and rest is needed. The fact that Izuna met with his brother at the border between Fire country and Rain just made sense due to the urgency.

In any event, the kingdom employs the clans as their own Royal Guards and even soldiers, as agreements were made after many wars and dangerous creatures threatening to crumble the walls of the Empire.

Thanks to many negotiations, the Uchiha clan and many others can provide services for the allied kingdoms, from helping a small village to survive harsh weathers or natural disasters to hunting down threats.

Any commoner can write a notice to their nearest officer station all around the land and make a petition to solicit their services covered by the taxes, the system may not be the best but it provides aid to those in harsher situations who can't afford to get help directly, if not, payment can be made in other ways such as agreements with farmers to provide aid to injured clan members and even favours in troubled times.

"Good connections" his father would say.

Madara has revolutionized the market thanks to his relations with powerful people and now the King of his own Kingdom is requesting his immediate attention, something common during summer when seasons change, weather causes disasters and creatures come out of the woodwork.

But this year... seems like spring is going to be more eventful than even the winter that just ended a few days ago.

His younger brother was not acting normal when they met, not a word even came from the man.

As they travelled to their new camp side, guided by his brother, many thoughts floated in his mind. A lingering spirit filled with evil intentions? A witch? Some demon spawn causing havoc?

All he knew was the direction his brother guided him to... was the opposite of the Castle...

The kingdom of Ílios (The Greek word for Sun, as per the beautiful and strong sunrays that enrich their soil to create the green paradise of the land), it's formed by many towns and villages that are all linked to the main city with the huge castles, manors and other costly housings for the rich, powerful and influential.

They did not stop or entered any town or main roads, no conversation started as their only objective was to arrive at their camp, wherever it was...

But her trusted his brother. Secrecy is key in their work.

As silent as a leaf falling, they arrived at the camp, simple dark colour fabric hidden under the shade of tall trees and against the tall rocks conforming a mountain.

Not common area since there is no village for miles...

As they finally entered one of the tents, his brother turns with annoyance staring right at him. – "You are not going to like this" – he sentenced as he handed Madara a scroll.

Kings and Queens have their own crest, this one had both on it, it is not very eye catchy as to avoid unwanted eyes to find it, with just cream shaded paper and dark ink it stated:

"To whom this corresponds.... Due to unfortunate circumstances, an important member of the Royal Family has fallen ill... no cure... only option... the sacred tree... location: Valley of the lost."

seriously? - He could care less about the rest other than the main information, a dangerous location... filled with stories, fairy tales and legends that are more fake the better they sound.

A sacred tree that could cure the uncurable in the middle of yet another God forsaken land... his anger levels up with his brothers as he stared back at him.