Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"They are coming for you".

Whispers, darkness, nothingness.

She could see nothing, but a small breeze hit every single cell in her body, as if she was exposed to a gentle caress of stimulated senses.

Something strange but empty.

Her eyes would not open, her body would not move. She did not feel like she even had a body to move.

No voice of her own.

"Please help us".

Every voice was different from another, as if memories of those voices and those words just repeated in her mind.

But they had no face.

Disembodied voices she heard long ago... How long ago was that?

"You are nothing but what you make yourself to be".

That voice, she loved it. It was the only one that actually made her feel happy. It belonged to someone she loved... but she can't remember who.

But there was one voice she feared among the others, one voice filled with rage and hatred. A voice almost louder and deafening that scared her to her core.

While some had ominous sounds and made her feel uncomfortable and scared. That one voice was the nightmare she tried to run away from.

"You will be mine".

Every sense in her body told her to scream and run, but she had no body. If she blocked the voice away in her mind, then the silence was deafening...

But it was better that way. Nothing could reach her if she forces all those voices away from her mind to a place she could no longer feel or hear them.

Until she woke up again... was she even awake?

It was a sense of awareness that felt like being awake, but time and space felt like nothing. She can't even remember her name.

Those voices knew her, but she did not. Hearing those voices to find out her name would bring back the fear and pain she wanted to keep away.

That is why she did nothing instead. Keeping that door close each time the voices slipped out to reach her, forcing it to stay away from her mind.

"You can't run away".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At dawn, the small team of clansmen, Uchiha and Senju, gathered at a point of reunion a few meters away from the border of The Valley of the Lost.

Anxious men and women who did not know what lied ahead, but the strong will of their leaders drove the fire in their souls to stay strong.

Both Madara and Hashirama had informed their warriors the night prior and chose the teams.

Tobirama made a 5-point rotation of teams from each clan, teams of two that will take on a watch and defence of their trail to avoid losing sight of their way in and out.

The eyes of the Uchiha clan and the various skills of the Senju would team up to defend both Madara and Hashirama as they travelled towards their target.

The Valley of the Lost is a place filled with illusions that only the experts in illusions of the Uchiha clan could counterattack, but at the same time it was filled with strange creatures made from nightmares that needed the Senju's sensory expertise to locate and attack.