Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mikoto was restless, all her sons were out.

From her oldest to her youngest, even her dearest nephew that she welcomed into her home was out. Normally, she would be working on her duties as a clanswoman along with her husband, work on her home she loved or pick back on a hobby she has neglected for some time.

Yes, she could try and read on something to sooth her nerves, keep her entertained until her husband returned.

Nothing would move the Uchiha woman to action more than her family, nothing is more important than family. Growing up as the oldest daughter of the late leader of her clan, she had to become strong before any man would wed her and take on the responsibilities with her.

Only her husband was able to win her heart, but the man had to move mountains to get her attention, she was stubborn but driven, something he fell head over hills for.

Fukaku was a troublemaker when they met, but he was also strong and fought for his clan as much as Mikoto did. He taught her how to enjoy life in a totally different way, running away from dangerous hogs after they were messing with them for a while, training in forbidden land, even jump off the tallest waterfall and coming out alive and uninjured. She taught him everything she could about etiquette and manners, they complimented each other in many ways. If she needed to learn how to let go, he would. If he needed to learn how to deal with clan heads and battle techniques, she would.

In the eyes of the clan members, they were meant for each other, that made her father take on the decision to give his blessing, all he wanted was to eradicate the council's old traditions that would hurt and make his precious daughter unhappy by marring her to another man she did not love.

Strong warriors were not made from unhappiness and bitterness, it was forged with love, attention and the drive to become stronger. But not everyone believes in that.

Nowadays, the couple is seen as a strong pair, leaders that do everything necessary for their people and their land to prosper. That would keep them busy on certain days and separate from each other.

Their ties are strong enough to deal with days like this one, but Mikoto did not need her husband, she knew he was safe and quite honestly, brooding... She would laugh with him about it later, Fukaku hated pesky troubles caused by the council, things they only had to do for paperwork purposes.

She needed her sons. Even if she had no daughter, her connection with her sons was great. Mikoto knew how to understand them, when they were troubled and if they needed her.

Something her husband was incredibly jealous of, but he had his own way to make her jealous when he took on their boys in battle.

The Uchiha sons would never even think of take on their mother in battle, they rather stab themselves... something Madara did when he was thirteen... and almost every one of her kids.

On the contrary, they did not even think twice about challenging their dad, each time her husband would need his wife to comfort and heal his wounds. He loved those days and won each time.

With a smile, the Uchiha woman found one of her favourite books from their personal library and hopped on her loveseat sofa.

One of the things she was very proud to teach her sons was the need and desire to research, read and importance of learning everything about their clan, other clans and beyond that.

The world is huge, filled with mysteries and endless pools of information, even on different languages. Itachi was her most diligent reader, especially a reader for novels. A particular novel she loved very much was the story called "Under the Witches tree", based on a true story that moved the world and caused the incidents that created "The Valley of the Lost".