She cried hard on my shoulder, holding onto me as I drew circles on her back to pacify her.

Shortly, her crying stopped as she pulled back from me and sniffled.

"Feeling alright??" I asked with worry lines on my forehead.

She gave me a subtle nod before averting her gaze back to her lap.

"You need fresh air!" I stated and stood up before stretching my hand out for her.

She glanced at me before glancing at my hand. She took my hand and stood up before walking along with me towards the balcony door.

I slid open the door, and together, we walked out of our room. I led her towards the wooden couch as she sat on it, and I did too, beside her.

For a while, I let the silence fill in, but after some minute, I opened my mouth, breaking the silence.

"When did you start getting nightmares?" I asked as she looked at me.

Her eyes welled up, and her nostrils flared as her lips trembled. Many emotions are going inside her.

I touched her hand before giving it a gentle squeeze.
"When?" I asked softly.

"After.... after Nadia's death." She replied in a low voice.

"Did you visit any therapy center?" I asked as she shook her head in no.

A tear rolled down her cheeks as I wiped it immediately with my finger.
"It's okay." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as her head automatically rested on my chest.
"We'll figure it out together." I whispered through her hair before kissing on top as she silently cried on my chest.

There was a complete silence in the air. We could only hear her sniffling and her harsh breathing. I tightened my hold on her and gently rubbed her back.
"I'm sorry." She whispered, her head still lying on my chest.

"Hmm?" She pulled herself away from me and looked at me in the eye.

"I'm.. sorry.." she whispered as I frowned, not understanding the reason behind her apology.
"For leaving you... two years ago...." she paused as she pursed her lips.
"We could've been together... we could've brought solace to each other... we could've cried together at our loss and licked each other's wounds, but I chose to leave you... I was drowning in rage that I couldn't even choose rightly. We could've been there for each other, but I..." her voice cracked as I pulled her to me for a tight hug.

"It's okay.." I whispered as I felt my eyes welling up.
"Now we are together, and that's what matters." I said as I felt her body tense.
"Past is in the past. It's better if we don't think about it."

............