The boys minus Quinn go off to do something while we sit outside with a glass of wine. Quinn being one of the girls, claiming he wanted to drink wine with his mom too. "Now that Jack's gone, how's the relationship? And be honest with me honey, don't spare my feelings because he's my son," She tells me.

"It's genuinely amazing, I honestly can't believe he's in love with me," I tell her as Quinn chuckles, looking over at his mom who's laughing as well, "What?" I smile, taking a sip of my wine. "You do know Jack isn't just recently in love with you, right? Quinn says, looking me in the eyes, and I furrow my brows shaking my head not being able to formulate a response.

"Oh yeah honey, Jack's been in love with you for months," Ellen says, making my entire Earth spin. She grabs her phone, scrolling through her messages with Jack before remembering the context and telling me the entire story.

Flashback

Jack

I saw her again, at the coffee shop, what are the fucking odds? When I saw her at the game I swear my whole world stopped, she's stunning and was so into the game. I even lost control of the puck just trying to get a good look at her. And today I saw her working on something in the coffee shop. I tried being cool about it and sat in front of her.

We talk and everything about her is capturing my attention, the way her lips move when she talks, her intelligence and confidence when she's talking, and her laugh. God I'd get lost in that laugh. I check my phone at the same time she does, becoming slightly disappointed when I see I have to go now. 

I internally wince as she says, "It was nice to meet you, Jack. I'll look out for you at the next Devil's game." She smiles again, making me go weak in the knees. I'd give her a show if I knew for sure she was going to a game. We get up, departing from each other as I step into my car, calling my mom.

"Keep a secret for your favorite son?" I joke and she responds with "Of course Rowdy, what's going on?" She asks softly, making me feel comfortable with sharing this secret with her. I groan into the phone before saying, "I met a girl once. Just once and she sort of ripped me open." I laugh unsure of how crazy I feel about a girl I saw once and met once. 

"And she doesn't even know it, I'm sure she didn't know my name. We sat on the sofa, she asked me a million questions, I answered and by 11:00 I memorized her face," I tell her as I drive to practice, having to be there at 12:30. 

My mom offers me advice, and I thank her for listening before hanging up on her. 

I think I should go for it with Josie.

-

Josie ghosted me. 

She literally ghosted me after her drunken night. I never expected to be so wounded at the fact that she didn't want me to even touch her or even look at her. I'd look at her and she'd poke my face in the other direction. Telling me to not look at her that way. What does that even mean?

Maybe being humbled by getting ghosted by the hottest chick in the world is what's hitting me more. I can't think about this too much, it really sucks so I do what I can. I get an Uber to a country bar where they're sure to play some Morgan Wallen. I give the guy a good tip before getting off and sitting at the bar. I ask the bartender for a glass of Whiskey as 'Whiskey Glasses' comes on. 

"Poor me, Pour me," I sing with him knocking back the rest of my drink, asking for another. I sing the song from the bar as short blonde stares at me from across the room. "So make them drinks strong 'cause brother she's gone, and if I'm ever gonna move on I'ma need some whiskey glasses. 'Cause I don't wanna see the truth, she's probably making out on the couch right now with someone new," I sing, the thought of already fumbling the bag making me nauseous.