💥 ➩ 🧸 - Bad dreams (AU)

Summary
Stanley has a very bad nightmare and Narrator comforts him

AU: they escaped th parable; somehow got a house and jobs blah blah they get married and now they're silly husbands <33
Stanley can speak in this AU but rarely (his choice when he speaks, he just doesn't like talking)

I also wrote this bc I needed some silly comfort 😔

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Stanley found himself in his old office. 427 written on the wall, the old computer in front of him. Wait what?
Why was he back here? He escaped the parable didn't he? Worst of all, the narrator was saying his lines. Stanley stood up and took a moment to glance around the room. The same old room. He exited the room and heard the voice he loved. Something was clearly wrong though. Narrators voice wasn't right. He sounded angry, upset, annoyed? Something like that. Hate even?

"Stanley, Stanley, Stanley... You really think I'd ever let you escape? No no, not after everything you've done to me."

He felt his throat tighten. Stanley replying was now out of the question. He wasn't sure what was happening but it upset him deeply.

"Come come, I'll show you what you've done since you're so clueless!"

Stanley found himself watching himself from the past, Stanley there being pretty much a ghost? He watched himself every single time he disobeyed the narrator. Driving the narrator absolutely mad. Now he was in the warehouse. Not watching his self any more.

"Can't you see Stanley? The countless times you've driven me insane just because you found it funny! Honestly. But oh, I've gotten my revenge. You really think I loved you? What made you ever think that! Remember me edging you to jump off, in this very warehouse! Oh and count down ending! Yet, you still haven't realized."

Stanley started to shake. Tears welling in his eyes. Was this really true? He was just lied to? Was him disobeying the narrator all those years ago really a big deal? He felt some tears slide down his cheek. He rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the drops. When he put his hands back to his sides he was in the skip button room. The dreaded button that had emotionally damaged the both of them.

"You knew the skips would get longer. Why did you have to press it? Why? Did you enjoy seeing me suffer?"

Stanley was sorry. At the time he didn't feel fully control of his self. He never meant for any of this to happen. He thought that his never ending end had taken a wonderful turn; but no, he back in the parable. The last thing he wanted.

He blinked, trying to hide the fact he was now about to cry. He didn't want to feel vulnerable but what could he do? When his eyes opened now he was in the room with those vibrant lights, the room where the narrator loved dearly and hated what happened after this room.

"I. Was. Happy. And you took it away from me! I pleaded and begged. How stupid of me to think you'd stop. You must have just done it to get a kick out if it."

That set Stanley off. He sat down on the ground and curled up into a ball and just started crying. He hated this. He wanted out. All his mind was thinking of was just him saying he was sorry.

"Want to know something hilarious? What you just lived, escaping the parable and blah blah all that sappy happy ending stuff. All of it was just a ending! That narrator wasn't me. No no, just some not I coded in. It truly is hilarious to see you think I'd ever have such feeling for some worthless puppet."

Just a ending? This was the last thing Stanley expected. Narrators voice boomed against the parables walls.

"Do me a favor Stan. Go through that door that leads to those wonderful stairs and recreate what you did every time you got there. This time me supporting you!"

Stanley found himself at the top of the Sending stairs. Looking down at the ground beneath him. The nickname narrator gave Stanley sent shivers down his spine in a bad way.

He felt a strong push, a hand perhaps. Whatever, something pushed him so his skull would meet he ground. Until he woke up in a cold sweat. He bolted right up, tearing streaming down his face whilst shaking uncontrollably. He was in his home. In his bed. With his narrator. All of that was dream. But God he wasn't okay at that moment.

Narrator slowly opened his eyes to see what's caused him to wake up. To his surprise he found Stanley sitting up, shaking and crying. Looking incredibly vulnerable.

He sat up with Stanley. Putting his arms around the younger man.

"Dearest, what's happened?"

"D-Dream.."

"Whatever happened, I know it was scary. But rest assured now, it was dream. You're safe here now with me."

Narrator was trying his best to comfort Stanley. He wasn't entirely sure on what to do because Stanley rarely dreamt. He lifted his hand to wipe away Stanleys tears.

"Take deep breaths, love. Everything is alright. In and out. In and out."

Stanley followed the narrators instructions. It helped immensely. He stopped crying a bit. Still shaking but a lot less now. Narrator was always the best when to came to comfort. Even though he wasn't sure about his ability to comfort others he was great at it.

"Cuddle?"

Narrator nodded. Gently putting Stanley in a comfortable position before spooning him. Normally Stanley was the one spooning the other but in this case Stanley was to vulnerable and upset to. Narrator slid his fingers through Stanleys coffee brown hair lovingly.

"Darling, may I know what's sort of dream caused you such distress? Only if you're comfortable. I'm all ears."

Stanley didn't reply. Maybe he was just to comfortable to sign or he simply just didn't want to say. Who knows. Eventually the two fell asleep. They spent the night in the position very comfortably. Stanley had a dreamless sleep in the older man's arms.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

1030 words not including this

Holy shit 1030 words?? That's a record 😨 but uh

WTF I HAVE 350 READS??? AHHJSJSJSJS TYSM <333

Anyways hope you enjoyed this! Have a good day/night, make sure to drink water and eat food :D

(Pls consider voting this took me a hella long time)