chapter 24 : meetings. lots and lots of them

Start from the beginning

"It has to come from them. That's what people respond to." Haymitch stated. "You want a symbol for the revolution? Neither of them can be coached into it. Trust me, I know."

"Maybe there's someplace less dangerous." Plutarch negotiated.

"District 8. They reported heavy bombing last week. There are no military targets left." Beetee jumped in.

"We can't guarantee their safety." Coin said.

"None of you will ever be able to guarantee our safety! We're always at risk! For gods sake we could get killed in here!" I argued in frustration as Finnick put an arm onto my shoulder.

"We want to go." Katniss stated.

"And if you guys are killed?" Coin questioned.

"Make sure you guys get it on camera." I stated, giving them a smirk.

Plutarch chuckled as the rest of them just shared at me in shock.

- - - -

Beetee lead us to a different underground room. There were lanes and targets.

"I've made you guys some surprises." Beetee said.

Katniss, Gale, and I all followed through into the dimly lit room.

"Maybe you wanna try one out." Beetee asked the guys. "If you're apart of Y/N and Katniss' prop team, you may as well look the part"

Beetee handed Gale a crossbow, allowing him to mess around with it a little.

Gale aimed his crossbow at a target, shooting the arrow as we all watched as the target blew up into flames.

"And this one is for you." Beetee said to Katniss, pointing to a bow. "Y/N, come here, I have yours too."

I walked over, seeing beautifully designed daggers and knives. The handles were intricately made and thee blades were thin.

"Plutarch wanted you guys to have weapons for the sake of the propos, but I couldn't just make you guys some fashion accessories."

"They're beautiful." Katniss and I both said at the same time.

"And look here." Beetee said as he moved towards the arrows and the daggers.

"Regular. Incendiary. Explosive arrows. Beetee said as he pointed to the nocks of the arrows. The regular ones were black, the yellow ones were incendiary, and the red ones were explosive.

"Now, Y/N, the silver daggers are explosive. There are more of them here, but I've made you some for your belt. The rest are regular so you can continue to reuse them." Beetee explained to me.

"Oh, and tell Finnick. I've got a trident for him when he's ready. Might just cheer him up. Especially if you bring it to him." Beetee said as he gave me a smile.

"Where is Finnick?" I asked.

"He isn't a hundred percent yet, he'll get to it, I know he will." Beetee said to me.

Katniss and I walked over to the target stations. I grabbed a silver dagger, holding it and aiming it at the target.

"Uh. Let's not throw the silver ones in here." Beetee said, giving me a small smile.

- - - -

"Come back safe!" Effie called out to us as we boarded the aircraft. 

We couldn't even make it five steps into the aircraft as Plutarch greeted us with newcomers. 

"Quick introductions." Plutarch said as he began to introduce a new group of people. "These people have come a long way to support the cause. This is Cressida. In my opinion, one of the best up-and-coming directors in the Capitol."

"Until I up and left." Cressida stated. "Hey."

Cressida was a blonde headed girl with tattoos on the side of her head. To be specific, her hair only was on half of her head. She had a few cuts on her eyebrows and she seemed intimidating.

"Hey." Katniss responded weakly.

"Let's see what you can do. All right, be careful." Plutarch said, leaving the aircraft.

"This is my assistant, Messalla." Cressida said, introducing a buzzed headed man with face piercings.

"It's an honor to meet the both of you." He said, looking Katniss and I in the eye.

"And your cameraman over there, Castor." Cressida pointed at a man behind Messalla. He had a mohawk and was growing in a beard.

"Hello." He greeted.

"And Pollux." A man with a full grown beard and slicked back man bun

Boggs moved past me and Katniss. "Let's get locked in."

I sat next to Katniss and Pollux as we all began to buckle ourselves in.

"You're all from the Capitol?" I asked. "Plutarch got you out?"

"Don't expect much chitchat from him." Cressida said. "He's an Avox. Capitol cut his tongue out years ago. And, no, it wasn't any sort of rescue, if that's what you mean. We all fled on our own. For this. For you two."

A/N : I KEEP FORGETTING TO TITLE MY CHAPTERS