chapter 11 : the others

Katniss POV :

Haymitch finished giving us our lecture about how we needed to create allies and who each Tribute was.

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District 1" God this felt like school. "They won back-to-back Games. Capitols favorite. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal." 

Haymitched switched the channel, revealing a bald headed man who looked like he only lifted weights and a girl with sharp spiky teeth. 

"And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enobaria."

"What's with her teeth?" I asked.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip peoples throats out." 

"She's committed, I'll give her that." Peeta said from beside me.

In an instant, the screen changed yet again.

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weird. Real tech-savvy" 

They were older than any of the other Tributes we had ever seen. Looking like they were in their 50's.

"He won his Games by electrocuting six Tributes at once." Haymitch rambled. "The Morphlings. Masters of camouflage. Basically won their games by hiding until everyone else was dead."

Two twenty-ish year olds were displayed. They looked to be on hardcore drugs and they had dark bags under their eyes. 

"Self-medicating ever since. Which I applaud. Not a threat." Haymitch added with a smile.

The screen changed to the youngest member I had seen yet. He had short blond hair and was quite good looking. He smirked at the camera.

"Finnick Odair, right?" I asked.

"Yes he won his Games at 14. The second youngest to ever win. Extremely humble." Haymitch said with his lips in a thin line.

"You're kidding." I said blatantly.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock. A total preener. But he's the Capitol darling. They love him here."

Peeta adjusted in his couch besides me. Sitting closer to the edge of the sofa.

"Charming, smart, and very skilled at water. Especially in water."

By the sounds of it, Finnick Odair was going to be out biggest competition. He was strong, charming, everything that would make a winner.

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asked.

The screen changed to a girl who looked around the same age as Finnick. Her Y/H/C flowed down to her shoulders, yet she didn't look as happy as he did.

"One. Y/N. Met when they were at the 65th Hunger Games basically were all lovey-dovey and Finnick won't admit it, but he has a soft spot for her." Haymitch said.

"A guy like that is smart. He has to know that only one of them will make it. I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her." I said aloud.

"Well Katniss, I just hope she goes quickly then. Nice girl she is." Haymitch said as his voice slightly wavered.

I knew that he had to have known her somehow. And I could tell that I recognized her from somewhere and not her games. 

Y/N POV :

I walked out of the elevator, dressed revealingly in a coral red bra and matching bottoms that were practically tight booty shorts. Fishnet was thrown, draping over my whole body as a see through dress. My makeup was done with images of bubbles in blue and pretty seaweed drawn around my face.

I didn't hate my designers this year, but I hated this outfit. It was to revealing for me, but at least they didn't make me look like dolls.

As I walked down the corridor, a large hole was in the ceiling, revealing a large crowd surrounding it, waving down at me.

"Y/N!" They shouted in excitement.

The others stood around their horses and carriages, all of them speaking with one another. I felt gazes turn towards me, but I ignored them.

"Hey, Y/N" Finnick's distinct voice said as he draped an arm around my waist.

"Oh hello, Finnick. I see you want to talk to me now" I said as I turned towards him.

"C'mon, we want to make a good impression of course."

I rolled my eyes at him as I went towards our carriage, leaving him behind.

I watched as he walked over to Katniss, calling out to her. Finnick was also in little to no clothing. A cloth wrapped around his bottom half.

I gave up and walked towards the two as they were mid conversation.

"Do you want a sugar cube?" Finnick asked as he threw it up in the air, catching it. "I mean, it's supposed to be for the horses, but... I mean who cares about them, right? They've got years to eat sugar where as you and I. Well if we see something sweet, we better grab it."

"No thanks." Katniss said with a small sarcastic smile.

"Finnick, stop being a douche." I said as I hit the side of his arm.

"I would like to borrow that outfit someday though." She said, gesturing towards Finnick's cloth.

"You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?" Finnick asked.

"I outgrew them."

"You certainly did." He flashed her a large smile. "Shame about this Quell thing. Now, you... You could've made out like a bandit in The Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."

"Well, I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need, so... What did you do with all your wealth anyway?" She shot back.

I let the two feud out with one another as I was called by another Tribute.

"Y/N!" I heard the voice yell.

I was met with a beautiful girl with dark red hair. My favorite Capitol and District 7.

"Johanna!" I exclaimed as I ran towards the girl. 

"Your designers most definitely knew how to dress you." She said with a laugh.

"Oh shut up." I said, hitting her playfully in the arm.

"I'm not joking! My stylist dressed me like a tree because of District 7." She said, annoyed.

Johanna was right. Her outfit did make me laugh a little. She was dressed like a tree, but elegantly like one. It wasn't hideous.

- - - -

I went back to Katniss and Finnick quickly. He was inches away from him. His flirtatious personality coming out quickly .

"Unfortunately, I think that's true." Finnick said as I stood next to him, accidentally brushing my hand at his.

Katniss' gaze turned slightly behind me. I turned my head, seeing Peeta and Cinna walking out from an open spot in the underground cave. 

Katniss was dressed in a beautiful chainmail dress, while Peeta was also dressed in a sleeveless chainmail top and black bottoms.

"I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding." Finnick said to Katniss, bringing us back to the conversation. "I know how devastating that must be for you."

"Finnick, shut up." I said as I hit his abs. Which mind you were rock hard.

He plopped the sugar cube in his mouth quickly, eating it slowly. "Have a good day." Finnick snickered, walking away with me.

"Peeta." I said as we walked past the blond.

"Y/N."

Finnick and I walked back to our chariot. I reminded myself that I had to be happy that I was here. I had to look excited. I had to look like I had hidden feelings for Finnick Odair.