The Lucky One

Taylor was right about this song. It is about how horrible being famous is, and some of us make it even worse by fucking stalking her and following her home. I don't think they could call themselves Swifties at this point.

---

It was the sound of your phone ringing endlessly that woke you up from such a nice dream.

You rolled your eyes and picked it up, the sleep fading from you as you saw your screen.

Baby there are people outside my place

Can I call you? Please?

Baby please I'm scared

You quickly called your girl back but on FaceTime.

She picked up immediately. It looked like she was already up in her bedroom, in her pyjamas that you had given her, and clearly shaken. She was trembling all over and she looked like she was about to cry.

"Oh, baby, let it out, it's okay," you told her.

She seemed to have been waiting for you to say that because she instantly started crying, collapsing onto the bed and curling up. Her voice was hoarse when she spoke. "I'm sorry for waking you-I just got really scared and I-"

You cut her off. "It's okay. What matters is that you're safe. I'm booking a flight to Foxborough right now." And that's what you were doing. You couldn't bear it, her being alone for another few days before her last show in the area.

She didn't protest and just lay there, sniffling as she stared at you blankly, her blue eyes focused on a spot on the wall.

Your heart broke for her. It seemed people didn't know when or where to stop. She was so shaken up.

In an attempt to change the topic to try and distract her, you sat up and spoke. "Did anything interesting happen today, baby?"

She blinked back tears and shook her head. "Nothing very interesting happened."

"Well, tell me about it. See anything interesting in the crowd tonight?"

"Well... champagne problems was fun to do... it always is."

"That's amazing, baby. Maybe next time you play, I can sing with you," you joked.

"I... I wish you were here already," she said shakily.

"I do, too, honey. For now, though, why don't you get some rest? I'll be on the next flight there tonight. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Can you sing to me, please?"

"Of course." You smiled before starting to sing Safe & Sound.

Taylor was drifting off to sleep as soon as you got to the second chorus. You kept singing until she finally let go of her phone and all you could see was the ceiling. You could hear her breathing even out and you finished the song before dropping the call and sending her a voice message.

"Hey, baby. I'm probably going to be on the flight coming there by the time you hear this. I hope you know I love you. I'll be there very soon, baby. Soon enough, I can hold you in my arms again. I love you."

You sent it along with a few heart emojis before starting to pack a suitcase.