Todoroki's Official Announcement

Todoroki sat at his desk, watching his classmates celebrate. The year was finally at an end, and soon enough, they would be on the summer holiday. Aizawa had given them the day to hold a class party and relax. Exams were over, internships set, and other things resolved.

Life was better than a few months ago. His father was stripped of his hero license and his agency given to the new number one. His siblings were living their best life without him trying to rule over everything.

He had spent the holidays with the adults he now called family and even got his first real Santa Claus experience from Eri.  He remember Midoriya explaining the idea of Santa Claus to him a bit more and he understood the magic it held - even if he now knew it had in fact been Mic and Aizawa who scrambled to find those special gifts.

The best news had come a few days ago when Mrs. Midoriya had let him know his mother was leaving the hospital and was going to stay with her for now. It had been decided so she would be close to the hospital and close to Aizawa's. Todoroki was fully situated in his new home and feeling welcomed there.

He had come to find that both Aizawa and Hizashi were amazing cooks. The loud blond was especially careful when it came to anything Todoroki had confided brought up the traumatic memories. Something he was able to discuss with his foster parents because of his therapist.

Shinso was nearly as close as his own siblings but gave less care to his feelings. As his foster brother once said, "We both got trauma. What we do with our lives doesn't rely on that."

And then there was his personal ball of sunshine. Izuku Midoriya had grown stronger as time had passed. He was back to himself - a bright smile, a strong body, and a personality that made people feel safe. Their relationship was also evolving. They were back to truly being close friends, a relationship second only to Bakugo and Midoriya's. Mrs. Midoriya let him know the two boys were as close as they had been in elementary school.

More than once, he had found Bakugo and Midoriya locked in an intense wrestling match, spouting playful insults at each other. It warmed him to see the boy who was stealing his heart laughing again. Bakugo showed a softer side, too, amongst all this. He was kinder to them all and gave amazing advice.

One piece that stuck with Todoroki was about Midoriya.

"He feels with his whole body and soul. Every emotion. Every time. Let him set the pace, but talk to him. He won't know unless you talk."

That had proven true these last few weeks.  Yes, they had shared some soft kisses and spent a lot of time holding hands or snuggled up together, but that was it.

There had been no kisses like on the roof after the initial confrontation with his father, but he didn't mind.  He was in it for the long haul this time.   He wanted to always see a smile on Midoriya's face and to hear his laughter.  That was why he had decided today was the day.

As the music played in the background, Todoroki stood, moving to Mina. He had been quietly working with her to do something special for his soulmate...and he was finally ready.  The pink skinned girl grinned and motioned to Jirou who noddded.

The music cut out and switched.  Everyone stopped their games, confused.   It took a few notes before green eyes grew large and flew to Todoroki.  The teen smiled back before he fell into the same steps Midoriya had danced for him in the street.

Singing in the Rain echoed through the classroom as other students cleared a space for their peer and watched as he danced.  It wasn't good, but he tried.  After a bit, his dancing shifted from what Midoriya had done to as close as Mina could get him to the choreography in the movie.  He moved about the room, feeling embarrassed but occasionally catching the bright smile on a face he had grown to adore.

That made it worth it.  Ever second of the cheers and some playful jokes shouted out.  As the song wound down, he came to a stop in front of his soulmate, producing a small box from his coat.  As the song ended, the room was drenched in tense silence.

Todoroki offered a nervous smile.  "I want to offer a promise to you, Izuku Midoriya.    You saved my life in ways you will never understand.   You brought me from a darkness I was suffocating in and have brought more light than I ever thought possible.  I swear to move at your pace, but know that I have no stronger desire than to stay at your side.  If you will allow."

He opened the box.  Inside was a small ring - black steel with inlaid swirls of gray smoke, white snow, and brilliant green lightening.  He waits, nervous.

Midoriya sat, eyes wet, before he nodded.  "I want that too, Sho," he said.  He moved to put his hands under Todoroki's so they both held the box.  "A promise to see where this goes the right way."

The girls, and even some boys, cheered as Midoriya took the ring and slid it into his left hand, making Todoroki blush at the meaning.  A finger tapped his nose, catching his attention.

"You better get one too, mister," Midoriya ordered.  "No matter how this turns out, I want others to know about us."

Bakugo whistled and threw something, which Midoriya caught.  It was a similar box and the green eyed hero grinned.  He opened it and offered Todoroki the matching ring. 

With a smile, Todoroki took the ring and out it on his left hand.  "Forever, Zuku."