Mama Midoriya

Aizawa had dropped him off with the promise to come back in a couple of hours. Now the heterochromatic teen stood at the front door nervously playing with the hem of his shirt.

Before he could knock, the door opened and Inko stood before him. "G-Good evening, Mrs. Midoriya, " he stammered.

Inko smiled at him. "Welcome, dear. Come in, come in," she said motioning him inside. "Izuku will be back in a moment. Silly old me forgot something for dessert. "

Todoroki stepped in, nervous. "I can wait outside if you would prefer."

Inko waved off the comment. "Nonsense," she laughed. "Besides, we have some things we need to discuss."

She led him to the living room, motioning him to sit. She sat across from him and gave him a moment to get settled. "I want to start by saying thank you for standing up to your father for me," she said gently. "That was very brave of you."

Todoroki smiled slightly. "It was time. I am sorry he did what he did and...about what I said and did...I..."

"Stop right there," Inko said firmly. "As parents it is our job to help you grow into a good person. Sometimes we go about it the wrong way and poorly influence our children. Your father was a proud man who saw only one path in life. Izuku was raised to see many options."

Todoroki kept his eyes down, listening. "My father saw only the need to do better than All Might. I was his chance and Midoriya was the road block."

Inko smiled. "And that is why he was willing for you to be friends. He called me the day he realized you were his soulmate. "

Todoroki stared at her. "He...called you...."

Inko waved her hand. "Now that I know the whole story, I understand why you didn't think you had a soulmate. I assure you that my boy does, too. And I have heard every rambling about you."

Todoroki blushed, looking down again. He had many regrets that he wanted to apologize for. He jumped when he felt someone sit beside him. He looked at the woman who was smiling softly. "Mrs. Midoriya? "

The woman put her hand on his chest. "Thank you for giving my boy a chance. He will go at the pace you set. Listen to your heart."

Todoroki felt the warmth in the gently touch, a sensation he hadn't felt in a very long time. His eyes stung in what was becoming a familiar feeling. Inko used a hand to gently pull him down into a hug. He gave in to the warmth around him and cried. Inko just hummed as she ran her fingers through his hair.

He faintly heard what sounded like a door, but Inko's humming never stopped. He wasn't sure how long it was until the tears dried up and he was left just being held.

"Feel better, dear?" Inko asked softly.

Todoroki sat up, feeling embarrassed. "Yes. I am sorry for breaking down. I...the therapist said that might happpen."

"I was told the same."