Secrets Revealed

Weeks had passed since the incident with Stain. Uraraka and Tsuyu had spent the time working with Izuku to build his confidence in telling Todoroki about the visions. They had huddled close to him on the bus to the summer camp, trying to come up with a plan.

"I'm telling you that this will be your perfect chance," Uraraka whispered as she glanced at the red and white hair barely visible above the seats.

Izuku chewed his lip. "I'm not sure, Uraraka. I mean it feels forced. What if he isn't ready? Or what if I'm wrong?"

Tsuyu tapped her chin. "I don't think you are, ribbit," she muttered. "You said you saw fire and ice, right?"

Izuku studied his hands, nodding. He had explained the change in his visions and the girls had taken that as a sign that they were right. "But..."

Uraraka took hold of his hands. "No buts, Deku! What have you got to lose? Okay, so maybe he isn't ready to date or anything...but you could start as friends and see where it goes?"

"I agree," Tsuyu nodded, her own hand resting on his shoulder. Izuku smiled at them and nodded. He'd have to try - what harm could it do? He let the girls turn to each other to chat as he thought about how he would approach the topic. Maybe he could ask Todoroki to chat sometime after training? The bus came to a stop, interrupting his thoughts. This would be the perfect chance!

The students unloaded and he found Todoroki. "Todoroki?" The mismatched eyes turned towards him. Izuku felt his palms grow sweaty as he fidgeted. "I was wondering...if we could talk after we get to the camp?"

Todoroki considered it. "If you feel the need," he responded. "What seems to be the problem, Midoriya?"

Izuku quickly threw his hands up. "N-Nothing!" He put a hand on the back of his head, trying to steady himself. "I just thought we could maybe get to know each other better."

Todoroki just nodded as Aizawa called their attention. Izuku heard the protests as their task was explained. Izuku just sighed and stretched as he got ready. Soon enough they were tossed into their challenge and all thoughts of his desire to confess to the other boy were gone.

~Time Skip~

As the sunset, Izuku dragged himself towards the bed. His class had finally made it - exhausted, worn out, and filthy. The Wild Wild Pussycats had told them to clean up and come eat. Once that was done, Izuku had happily stuffed himself with food before heading to bed. As he laid in bed, his mind reminded him about Todoroki. He wanted to go find him...but his body refused to move.

"Tomorrow...I'll talk to him tomorrow..."

~The Next Morning~

Izuku waited until after dinner to find Todoroki. He asked the other teen if they could talk before the fun started. Todoroki nodded, walking with him. They made their way to a small alcove on the side of their building. Todoroki leaned against the wall, silently waiting.

Izuku fidgeted with the edge of his shirt as he considered his words. "I...I just wanted to say..." He hesitated and glanced at Todoroki. He studied the heterochromatic eyes, the two-toned hair...every aspect. "I just wanted to say I think you're my soulmate."

Todoroki's eyes grew wide. "What?"

Izuku swallowed and shifted his weight. "I've had visions since I was a kid of smoke and snow. It got me through a lot of hard times and I just had to let you know..." He grew quiet, glancing at him.

Todoroki stared at him for a moment, then suddenly stood straight. "I can't believe you. How could you claim this?" he demanded.

Izuku stared, shocked. "But..."

Todoroki turned, eyes narrowed. "I don't have a soulmate. And it couldn't possibly be you even if I did." Izuku flinched, his heart clenching in his chest.

"But...Todoroki..." Izuku tried.

"We are classmates and that is all, Midoriya," Todoroki snapped. He saw Izuku flinch - the green-haired boy was sure of it. "Don't tell anyone else this stupid lie either."

Izuku let his head drop and just nodded, staying silent. He heard Todoroki walked away and he fought the tears tugging at his eyes. His chest burned as he struggled to swallow the feelings. After several minutes, he straightened, wiped his face dry, and rejoined his classmates. He avoided Todoroki as well as Uraraka and Tsuyu. He didn't feel like discussing it at the moment. He didn't want the night to get any worse.

If only he knew what was to come...