Now I'm Sure

Training had been a fantastic distraction from the confusion in Izuku's mind. Gran Torino had pushed him to view his gift in a new way. It was thrilling as he felt himself getting stronger, better, and faster. He knew this would help in the long run. He wanted to be the best hero he could be and his lessons with All Might's former mentor were proving to be invaluable.

As they rode the train towards their destination, Izuku let his mind wander. He wondered what was awaiting him at their next stop. He wondered how his friends were doing...how Todoroki was doing.

"Something on your mind, boy?" Gran Torino asked, watching Izuku.

Izuku blushed, rubbing the back of his head. "I...just think I found my soulmate and I'm not sure how to tell him." He glanced at the older man who was simply watching him. It was several moments of silence before the man started to speak.

"What's so scary about telling someone you've had a quirk vision?" Gran Torino snorted. "If you're sure, just say so. It's rare for soulmates to be able to find each other like that."

Izuku sighed. "I know...but I'm not sure he would believe me. He wouldn't have had any visions until this year if I'm lucky."

Gran Torino glanced at him and grunted. "Do you doubt his belief in visions, then?" When the green-haired boy nodded, Gran Torino smiled. "Then build a connection with him as friends. Wait until you are sure of your friendship, then tell him. Sometimes that is the best way to approach something that you feel is uncomfortable. Until you are sure, just be his friend."

Izuku nodded, relaxing in his seat. The advice was sound and reasonable. The boy took it to heart, swearing to work on his friendships before worrying about a future romantic relationship.

~Time Skip~

Izuku panted as he stood in front of the hero killer Stain. He was getting tired and his arms and legs were aching. He had stumbled across the fight when he had followed Gran Torino towards the chaos. He had stepped up to help Iida and the other pro hero. He was praying someone had gotten his message and that backup would arrive soon. Iida was unable to help and the pro hero was too injured to do much.

It made his head ache that Stain told him that he would spare his life as a true hero, but that the other two would be eliminated by him. The green-haired hero in training tried to move, but whatever Stain's quirk was, he felt numb all over. He struggled against the quirk's effects, trying to fight back and save Iida. He had never been so grateful to see ice shoot past him. He glanced over, his heart pounding in his chest as Todoroki stood there, ready to fight.

Izuku quickly began to explain his theory, which Stain confirmed in nonverbal cues. Soon enough, Izuku could move again and the fight was back on. It felt natural to fight beside Todoroki, and he found that he wasn't focused on how close he was to the other boy or their safety.

His mind was focused on stopping the villain and saving his friends. It amazed him that Stain continued to spout about fake heroes and how Izuku was like All Might - a true hero ready to save someone else despite the danger. When it was over, Izuku was grateful not to have any serious injuries and that they were all alive.

He stood beside Todoroki, relaxing in the aftermath of a battle well fought - even though he knew they were in trouble for fighting on their own. He felt the grab and jerk of his body, but it took a second to register that his feet were leaving the ground. He reached out, unconsciously reaching for Todoroki and seeing the duel-eyed boy reach for him. He lost track of what was happening until he hit the ground mere inches from Stain and realized that the hero killer had actually saved him before succumbing to the downside of his own quirk. Izuku barely noticed being led away by someone as his mind whirled over everything that had just happened.

~Time Skip~

Before Izuku knew what was happening, he realized he was in the hospital. He had a small stress fracture in his arm, Iida was recovering from severe injuries to his arms, and Todoroki was being treated for minor wounds. The hospital had been kind enough to put all of them in the same room. As the day passed, he found humor in Todoroki stating he was the hand crusher - cursed to destroy the hands of others. It was a relief to see the boy less stoic than before. As he recovered with his friends, he found he had to smile.

He was sure that Todoroki was his soulmate...now he just had to figure out how to tell him.